By Anonymous - 12/11/2011 09:27 - Australia

Today, at work, I got chilli powder in my eye. Now not only do I have a swollen, blistered eye, but I am covered in milk as my boss assured me that would help. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 088
You deserved it 2 815

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just go to the doctor and make your boss drive you there :)

mlebethbear 0

your boss should give you a raise.

Comments

KiddNYC1O 20

Seriously? There are millions of chains of restaurant businesses... Etc.

ilovetp199 1
Buttsexpirate 9

Could've been worse, he could've accidentally threw hot sauce on you! You just got burned, arghh!

Someone has been watching the wrong kind of ****.

well the active ingredient in chili is capsaicin which is lipophilic (dissoluble in fat/oil), milk contains lots of tiny little fat drops which makes it ideal to remove capsaicin from your tongue or eyes. he could also have used oil or most non-polar solvents but that wouldn't really be so nice.

What do you do at your job? If you're working In a restaurant, it makes sense. If not, why would you have chili powder?

TraceCase_ 19

Strangely, I hear a pinch of salt in your mouth takes the burn out of your eyes in seconds. Something about the way your body reacts to the sodium. Along with that (can't hurt to try), rinse your eyes with water, not milk you silly head.

Water doesn't dissolve the chilli, and causes a mild burning feeling itself due to the difference in osmotic value. Milk is the way to go! And for you dutchies... Melk is goed voor elk ;)

milk helps reduce the burn in your mouth... for the eyes the best option is flushing with water...

FYLDeep 25

I hear flushing it out with lemon juice really helps.

felah17 6

It doesn't help! Your boss is just being kinky!