By Anonymous - 21/10/2015 04:46 - United States - Middleboro

Today, at our wedding, instead of saying "I do", my fiancé paused before saying, "I can't do this", stepped down from the altar and proposed to my maid of honor. When she obviously refused, he ran from the venue bawling. He's not returning my calls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 519
You deserved it 2 528

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry op, that's awful. At least you found out before you were married. Wishing you the best!

slutfactory 17

Wow, that's insane, Op. Really sorry about your wedding. I hope things get better for you.

Comments

What an asshole! Who the hell proposes to the maid of honor at their own wedding that's so ******!

BeenIt 5

Looks like the fiancé had alter-nate plans....

I don't doubt it happened but it's just so unreal. It's like a movie you want to change or hope it's only halfway over and everything turns out better than it would have if things had gone as they should've.

Oh, girl!!! You're very lucky you found out that your now ex fiance was a horrible ( or at least dimwitted) person before you married him!!! You're better off without him, but the way he went about things is disgusting!!! Best wishes, OP!!! I'll be praying for you!!!

I am sorry to hear this. I am, however, glad you found out now. I found out after 10 years, a small child, house, and career that my wife enjoyed the company of other men. You'll be ok, it just takes time.

He dumped you and proposed to your maid of honor. Why the f... do you want anything to do with him?

This is why I always feel a little bad when watching a film where the two main characters are with/marrying others but decide last minute they were meant for each other. I mean, it's cute on film and all, but when you see it from the POV of those who were left in a real-life situation, you realize how completely shitty it is.

takeittoem 8

On the plus side, at least your ex-fiancé publicly revealed what an asshat he was. No need to explain yourself to friends and family, I guess. Not that that is much consolation. FYL OP.