By dannyboy - 30/03/2012 16:44 - United Kingdom - Saint Austell

Today, an old lady savagely shoved me out of a queue, after I'd been waiting for twenty minutes. I couldn't bring myself to fight back or say anything, and ended up dragging my sorry arse to the back of the queue. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 415
You deserved it 14 823

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take a stand. People like that will continue to think they are the boss of everything if you don't defy them.

Cynical_in_SK 6

Comments

You could've just kindly...queuestioned her actions

Evil people do get old you know. They don't lose their evil just because they're older and wiser. No! Now they're even more evil cause they can't do as many evil things as they used to and have more time to think of how to use the respect they've gained from being so damn old. Get your ass back in that queue!

Did this same old lady get stopped by airport security for carrying a pocket knife?

Press charges for assault. People like that need to know consequences.

zakkyzebra 11

Why? Because they're profile says it? You fuckwad.

I assume because nowhere else in the world is anything like as litigious. No really, if you tried to sue someone for a shove (in which it doesn't appear like the OP was even hurt)... well, the CPS wouldn't touch it, you'd have to pursue it privately and frankly I a) doubt any court in the UK would hear it, and b) even if they did, you'd lose both the case and your money.

Yeah that's definitely not grounds for assault in the US.

Don't you know? Old people do what they want. I'm gonna be such a troll when I'm old... just like this old lady.

you deserve it for not saying something.

Seeing as though you were in a queue (and being British you should know all about queuing etiquette :P) weren't there other people you could have used as back up when telling her that she was in the wrong? I can understand that if no one saw she could play the 'but I couldn't possibly have shoved you because I'm so frail looking' card, but with other people around someone should've noticed and you'd have been able to assert yourself enough to not have to go to the back of the queue.