By DesignNerd - 25/01/2019 18:00

Today, my best friend excitedly told me all about this new video game she'd just discovered that she thought I'd love. It was her Xmas present from me 2 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 275
You deserved it 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

****! It’s getting worse, not better!!! Just when we think the end of the Christmas 2018 stories, we have to dredge up Christmas 2016 stories?!?! How far will this go? Today, I had to give birth in a manger, while three, weird foreign dudes looked at my hoo-hah. FML.

tounces7 27

Unless she tossed OPs gift aside 2 years ago and just recently got the game herself.

Comments

Gofuckyourself 24

That's a little awkward.. but at the same time, she loved your gift so that's good!

tounces7 27

Unless she tossed OPs gift aside 2 years ago and just recently got the game herself.

Gofuckyourself 24

Never thought of that, good catch!

****! It’s getting worse, not better!!! Just when we think the end of the Christmas 2018 stories, we have to dredge up Christmas 2016 stories?!?! How far will this go? Today, I had to give birth in a manger, while three, weird foreign dudes looked at my hoo-hah. FML.

PenguinPal3017 19

Now that's what I call a sticky situation!

I love that game! It’s even better when you have the cheat codes. I forgot where I got them, though.

good things do come back don't they?!..

cswaz 7

Well at least you know she liked it.. 2 years later..

I don't find this all that surprising. I often have games that I get one way or another and then don't get to play for months or years until I finally get to them. Sometimes you just need to be in the mood for a game to begin and enjoy. At least you know you gave her something she enjoys.

To be fair, I have Blu-rays and games I received for Christmas many years ago, that are unwatched/unplayed not because I'm ungrateful, but because I just haven't found the time. It could be that this was the same, but with the time that had passed, she forgot who specifically gave it to her. At least she's really enjoying your present OP, even if it is later than you expected.

I'd like to imagine the OP gave her friend the present, and then NEVER EVER EVER EVER asked about it, if she enjoyed it, or what she thought of it, until now, just to post this FML.

SaintPanda 1

had a similar thing happen to me once too,