By dannyboy - 30/03/2012 16:44 - United Kingdom - Saint Austell

Today, an old lady savagely shoved me out of a queue, after I'd been waiting for twenty minutes. I couldn't bring myself to fight back or say anything, and ended up dragging my sorry arse to the back of the queue. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 415
You deserved it 14 823

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take a stand. People like that will continue to think they are the boss of everything if you don't defy them.

Cynical_in_SK 6

Comments

PYLrulz 17

Just because they're old, doesn't mean you treat them with respect when they act like assholes

No FYL for you. Grow some balls man!! Don't let people walk all over you.

Rachaelc23 8

Maybe it's just me but... What's a queue?

*sigh* A line? C'mon even I know what queue is, and English is not even my native language.

PYLrulz 17

It's the British way to call it a line

I would have just been like cussing her old ass offf

I was just about to ask if you're British. I'd have done the same.

Fishfanatic 7

@83 - it's a line , as in the people waiting in line are queuing up to be served. OP - should you see this same old woman again, savagely push in front of her. When she complains, and believe me, she WILL complain , as being old she will invariably presume she has the right to be a rude arsehole - turn around and politely and loudly ( just loud enough for everyone to hear no need to shout ) that you recognise her from last time, and recall that she shoved you out of the way, without so much as a by your leave, and that you think she ought to know how such rudeness feels. Point out that she should have waited in line last time like everyone else, and that her age does not give her automatic rights to barge in wherever the hell she pleases. Nor should she expect people to simply allow her behaviour to go unchecked. Therefore, you will stand right there where you have pushed in, and she can stand behind you or go to the back of the line as you felt compelled to do. If she denies it, just mention that the shop will have CCTV records of her pushing in last time and that she hasn't got a leg to stand on.

mchugusa01 3

Old people in the Kokura area of Kitakyushu city in Japan cut in queues in supermarkets and bark to the cashiers who instruct them to go to the end of the queue. I think we tend to lose pride when getting older.

hahahahaha!!!!!!ek sou haar gedonder het!!!!!

HunterAlpha1 8

it's possible the old lady could have been in the early stages of Alzheimer's, in which case pushing back would have made her even angrier and could have led to violence. the best thing to have done would've been to find a manager and tell them of the incident and suggest they try to find someone who's related to her to take her home.