By hatemyjob - 15/12/2015 00:15 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, after working at the same place for 3 years, I found out that they are not only cutting my hours but now I have to take orders from some girl I trained because she was promoted over me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 495
You deserved it 2 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm being the devil's advocate here but it is possible that this girl is simply better than you now. Just because you trained her does not mean that she will always be less qualified than you.

whatarethisss 23

Not being rude, but try finding a different job. I know I wouldn't wanna work for someone I trained.

Comments

Jobs are gonna cut hours. Be happy you got one. If she got promoted, that means you trained her right. If you got an issue with the fact that it's a girl bossing you around, then grow up

Not only are you immediately condescending with that "be grateful they deign to pay you for your labor" angle, but you ignore the fact that OP identifies themselves as a woman and pointedly accuse them of sexism.

mwali02 32

Hi #35. Both OP and the "new girl" are women. OP is unhappy with many things at her work place, but I do not believe that this FML situation implies a concern for sexism.

So they cut your hours and promoted someone over you. Take the hint and look elsewhere before they cut you out altogether. To everyone saying that your employers maybe rate you so highly they are sh*tting on you - if they really think you're so great, leaving for another job should shake an offer out of them. Get somewhere else to work and give notice. If they like you, they'll give you an offer. But my money is on they won't.

Jachin357 28

Some hard work just goes unnoticed! Sorry OP!

I know how you feel op. I have been passed up for both promotions and transfers in my current job due to "being too hard to replace". I leave for the air force early next year. So now instead of having me at least in the company they are going to get two weeks to replace me.

They might be one of thosr companies that hire based on skill rather than seniority. Find one that goes by the old (and frankly, inferior) rules m8.

Is it possible that she was more capable for the job? Possibly? Just something to consider.

That sucks but she might just be good at her job. You generally get promoted based on skill not seniority.

I'm rather curious as to why so many people here assume that OP was in the wrong and her employer was in the right. Maybe Canada is better, but in America there is still such a thing as an incompetent or unobservant boss.