By Maxie - 08/03/2013 01:55 - United States - Chesterland

Today, after my 5-year-old finally got over his grandmother's death, we went to a store and saw a lady that looked exactly like her. She came up to us asking if we saw her grandson; I can't get my son to stop freaking out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 748
You deserved it 2 559

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kristinash_baby 5

Wow that's kind of creepy, I think I'd be freaked out too.

Awe I'm so sorry that your son has to go through that. Death is such a difficult concept to grasp, even when you're older :/

Comments

kristinash_baby 5

Wow that's kind of creepy, I think I'd be freaked out too.

chinchily 12

That's happened to me, after my dad died, my aunt took his car and my jet-skis and gave them to her son (because she thinks she has the authority to do that) and I was only 15 so I couldn't do anything.. And her son, my cousin, was driving around the town my dad lived, with a hat on (like my dad) and, yeah. Not the best thing to see.

guyverzerox 6

Should have punched your aunt in the throat.

tjv3 10

Oh wow poor kid ! It's really hard to understand things like that when they are young.

Bubbelz 25

You should've gone to the police, she has no business stealing his car to give it to her kids!! Depending on when this happened, you can still sue them. Sure, it won't help your relationship with them. But she already drained that down the sink, when she stole your fathers possessions...

chinchily 12

Yeah she even gave some of his shirts that I wanted to keep to his neighbor that no one knew. (Luckily he let me have the ones I wanted back) and it was 2 years ago this month... So doubt I can do anything now. Oh well, jets skis where about to break down, as was the jeep.

Awe I'm so sorry that your son has to go through that. Death is such a difficult concept to grasp, even when you're older :/

expertsmilee 26

That profile pic made me lol, just sayin'

23-It would fit as some of our reactions, yes...

I had a similar situation when I was 5 years old after my grandmother died. Her sister looked so much like her that I got scared and screamed when she approached me at the burial. So embarrassing to think about.

Sounds like some sort of horror film

Spoiler Alert: At the end, it turns out, we are all the sexy-craving, crazy, killer clown all along.

You're about to enter, the Twilight Zone.

Lasagnaa 24

Awww...I'm sorry OP. Hopefully, you and your son feel better

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
PerditaDessa 38

Frankenstein? Even his monster wouldn't work for that.

There's apparently a lot of people in your conspiracy

who could possibly deserve that?? sorry you had to go through that op.

It's a sign, the zombie apocalypse is approaching

purplexpinapple 11

Well if all we have to worry about is zombie grannies it's gonna be a bit of a crap zombie apocalypse

Awww poor baby! I hope he gets over it soon.

I don't think death is something "you get over", it's just something you learn to cope and live with. I would have freaked out too. Sorry for your loss.

True enough, but perhaps those were the words that came most readily to mind for OP. Would "come to terms" with his grandma's death be a better way of phrasing it? At any rate, OP, I'm sorry about that. It was really an unfortunate coincidence.

Bubbelz 25

I believe 9 meant 'getting over' what happened with that lady.