By Anonymous - 22/11/2015 04:54

Today, after having my tonsils removed, I coughed so hard in my sleep that I woke up spitting blood. Turned out I'd ripped my throat. They had to put me to sleep and cauterize the damaged area. Now I'm in even worse pain than before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 499
You deserved it 1 549

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch! At least you woke up instead of choking to death on your own blood OP, but the pain must be unbearable. You have my sympathy.

Comments

serslybro 20

That's painful! I had the same thing happen when I was 16. They tried cauterizing it while I was awake but I kept gagging and the doctor was getting mad so they finally put me to sleep. Rest up and do as little talking as possible!

LaurenSullivan 14

Good luck! I had mine taken out a year ago and it was the worst pain ever for me. Hope yours isn't as bad as mine was!

Get better soon!!! I had mine removed right before thanksgiving and it SUCKED

omg hate when I got my tonsils removed too

at the very least, you were rushed in and were able to be put under once more! If you ask I'm sure they'll supply a painkiller. My mother did the same and didn't get to the hospital fast enough and they had to do the whole thing with her wide awake. Noot a fun time.

I had somewhat of the same thing happen to me after my tonsillectomy, apparently this can be quite lethal. So enjoy the pain, because it means you're still alive.

I feel you I had the same problem when they took mine out

I'm guessing you are in your teens? Every doctor I've talked to has said that the longer the delay on removing tonsils, the more painful and difficult the surgery itself is, and that recovery tends to take longer and be more prone to complications. Hope your through the heals up soon, and that you only have to get them removed the one time, OP! (Yes they can grow back, despite being mostly useless for modern humans.)