By jasminejzhu - 14/04/2013 09:58 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, after an exhausting weekend of work, I decided to take a nap. I was awoken several hours later by my mother-in-law knocking on my door. Apparently my 11-year-old called up grandma to complain that she was hungry and that mum was sleeping instead of cooking dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 019
You deserved it 11 674

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rg350dx 29

FYL for living close enough to your mother in law that she can knock on your door without buying a plane ticket first.

OneLittleAdditio 9

I knew the concept of responsibility when I was 9! when I was 10 I was ten I was at least able to cook eggs in a couple ways. my mom worked nights and was always exhausted. she still cooked most of the time but on the rare occasions she didn't, I was able to step up. kids today are too over babied. so glad I'm not growing up with this generation

Comments

rg350dx 29

FYL for living close enough to your mother in law that she can knock on your door without buying a plane ticket first.

Grandma needs to be taught about boundaries.

If her grandchild calls her to tell Grandma he's hungry, what is the woman supposed to think?

Well, I would say "try and wake mommy" or tell them how they can make a little something to eat for themselves because mommy needs her rest too and is only human..

It was a simple mistake and she corrected herself. Chill, bro.

StarThrower 17
perdix 29

Resourceful kid you've got there. You should be glad it was only the mother-in-law that enforced your kid's spoiled brattiness -- if she teaches her how to call Child Protctive Services, your kid will really be the boss of you.

Oh Perdix! I had never hit my son but I am very strict with him. Once when he was a little kid, in school a social worker told them that parents could not spank them, hit them, noteven talk to them "too roughly". Ha! I told him what would happened to him if he accused me. And then, told him that I would let them take him away and made sure he knew all what he would be missing. End of problem.

#77- I pulled that one on my son when he was a kid and got mad at me for not letting him do something (can't remember now what it was). I handed him the phone and informed him that they'd take him to a foster family and that I'd help him pack his bags. All he had to do was push send... He wouldn't take the phone to make the call.

If the kid can call the in-law where's dad? And is there nothing to snack on or make a sandwich with? At 11 she should be able to do a little something.

monnanon 13

he could be at work. that seems the most lokelu scenario.

I think that was the point of the FML; Entitlement Child thinks her hands are painted on.

# 66- I foresee entitlement child becoming an Internet meme! In fact, I might just create it and let it loose on the web!

That would be my second favorite meme, after Grumpy Cat!

mzdaisylynn 12

your kid is old enough to microwave a dinner. What a little brat.

groovycrazyjoe 18

why did grandma come get you it's her daughter and she's grandma

I know yall are going to dig my grave here but, my 5 &4 year olds can both make themselves pizza with pita bread, ham or pb&j sandwiches. They can use a stepping stool to get drinks. As a parent, I am teaching them to be independnt. Op I feel bad for you but worst your lazy 11yr old.

NioBerry 7

I agree heck when I was 6 my mom let me use the stove to make ramen or Mac and cheese because by then I knew "stove is hot" now when I go babysit I once had a kid who threw the biggest fit because I would not pour his cereal ...I had to teach him when he was 10 *smh*

titibug823 11
MeloTooNice7 7

Welshite- If you looked when we commented it was at the same exact time. Me correcting her is no different then correcting herself.