By Gutted. - 21/03/2009 23:04 - United Kingdom

Today, after a hard day's work and emotional argument with my best friend, I sent my boyfriend a text telling him how much I loved him and cherished him in the hopes he would cheer me up with a romantic reply. He said "Sorry, I've only got 8 texts left." FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 320
You deserved it 6 778

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pancakes_n_syrup 0

In his defense, texts are like gold when they're limited

Wait...did he text you to tell you he only had 8 texts left?? Because if that's the case why couldn't he have just used that opportunity to cheer you up instead.

Comments

did he say that in a text? if so, that's really dumb. but anyway, why don't people call each other anymore?

Bah . . . Talk to him face to face. Texting is suck. Should you be that desperate. . . call him . . . DUN DUN DUN! YES! PEOPLE STILL CALL OTHER PEOPLE. I'm bored of these crappy boyfriend argument etc FML's. Stop accepting them!

cinderellaaa_fml 0

sounds like something my boyfriend would do. or he'd say "k."

0 3

For all of you who think the boyfriend did something wrong, you're dumb. First off, he didn't know she had a bad day. Apparently she couldn't bother to call him and talk to him (which in my opinion is more comforting than a silly text), so he just assumed she wanted to text-chat. Second, he had limited messages and could not text-chat. Any reasonable person low on texts would say that they cannot have a text conversation. Some people do not grasp the concept of limited text or phone minutes, and will continue to call you when you're low or tell them you're low, because they absolutely do not grasp the concept of how expensive things become after you exceed the limit. And lastly, call him. Problem solved. Not really a FML, but if I had to pick one, it's you deserved it for not calling him to begin with.

beatnikbabe 0

If you were that upset why would you text him? I agree with 16... if you wanted to have a real conversation... an emotionally involved and comforting conversation you would should have called him. I think you had this one coming.

arienh4 0

And this is why my mother pays for my phone bills.

Well...he could have at least said something like "I'm sorry babe,I've only got 8 texts left. I love you too, call me if you want to talk" or something...because JUST telling her that he only has 8 texts left really WAS a waste of the one textmessage he sent...

ChronoZaga 0

Maybe if you had CALLED and told him you were having a bad day and filled in all the blanks he would have been more receptive. He's not a mind reader. Also, it's a total bitch move to punish your significant other because they don't give the proper response when prompted. He's a human being, not a trained seal.

Simgary56 0

What the hell is with people and texting? If you really wanted a cheerup then you should have called him.