By Rumors - 12/12/2013 11:27 - United States - Turtle Lake

Today, a rumor was spread around that I was dating somebody. I confronted the person who everyone thought I was dating, and asked him about it. He also thought we were dating. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 666
You deserved it 6 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He doesn't know that sitting outside your window at night isn't considered a date.

ThatFancyPenn 18

Look on the bright side, you have a boyfriend that you didn't know about. Don't you just love surprises?

Comments

He doesn't know that sitting outside your window at night isn't considered a date.

it's not? Wow, I have a lot less exs then I thought...

I'm dating this one girl, she even got a restraining order, she's playing hard to get I know it

DrownedMyFish 18

What are you saying, Welshite? Are you telling me our relationship is a lie and all that time I spent watching you from a distance means nothing?

#31: Of course not. There is a reason why I developed a habit of working out naked in front of the open window.

Welshite I've been wanting to ask for a while but....could you put some blankets under your bed? It gets awfully cold at night.

But your shivering vibrates through the bed and soothes the sore muscles I get from my naked workout.

I find this thread easy to ********** to.

Cadillac4427 8

#53, I guess when she wakes up in a unrecognizable room after chloroform was used, she should just go with it huh? "Honey it's a surprise date"...:>)

perdix 29

#35, interesting. I've always let girls who watch my naked Zumba routines to amass date credits. They need them for calculating anniversaries and when it's time for me to put out.

It's so obvious this one girl wants the D. You can tell by the way she kicks my ass everytime I approach her naked.

hunts19ketchup 23

The phrase "wants the D" should be banned.

JocelynKaulitz 28

They're dating, she just "doesn't know it yet."

It's a surprise relationship. Those are my favorite!

Waking up to surprise sex is even better, unless you're in jail :-/

RoxiLady 10

They are posting this on FML, think about it. Probably not.

#12: I think the OP is posting a FML about the situation itself. No indication was given about the attractiveness of the guy. Not that it would matter anyway. Looks aren't everything.

Rainhawk94 27

Thank you got your contribution #32, but a thumbs up would've sufficed

Thank you for YOUR contribution, #47, but a thumbs down would've sufficed.

ThatFancyPenn 18

Jeez #32 I wish there was a button for that...

I hate when people say looks don't matter. If they don't matter to YOU, then great, date whoever you want. But it does matter to some people, man. I don't need someone who looks like Beyonce, but I would like to date someone that I at least find relatively attractive. I think physical attraction IS important.

#68. He never said that looks don't matter. He said looks aren't everything. and they're not.

ThatFancyPenn 18

Look on the bright side, you have a boyfriend that you didn't know about. Don't you just love surprises?

Well not all surprises are lovely. Having a child you don't know about? That's a terrible surprise.

SmittyJA24 26

Boyfriend? "Dating" & "boyfriend" are NOT necessarily interchangeable terms. I've dated gals that I did not consider to be my girlfriend. I guess the definition of "dating" varies from person to person.

i guess it does, but i'd have to go out at least, 4-5 times and spent some serious together time before allowing the BF/GF titles, personally.

I feel like this shouldn't have happened to me before, but it has. Of course, I was in grade eight at the time... He was in grade seven *hashtag cougar*

ThatFancyPenn 18

Well of course there was a rumor started about you being in 8th grade. That's typical junior high behavior.

hunts19ketchup 23

Being attracted to someone a year younger than you makes you a cougar? Seems legit.

Jeez, what does that make me? I date someone two years younger than me.

Calm down everyone, the *hashtag cougar* was sarcasm, I would've thought people would've realized that. I have no problem with people dating with an age difference, personally the guys I'm usually attracted to are significantly older than me.

Please just shut up. Just. Stop. Now. The amount of stupid is too overwhelming.

How so? How is it considered "stupidity" when other commenters didn't understand my obvious sarcasm?

Apparently, it wasn't obvious at all, if it were even sarcasm to begin with.

The questions on my mind are: Is this person attractive? And How do you know this isn't an elaborate set up?

Not only just looks-- You can also be attracted to someone's personality or humour and in some cases their money. jk Not for nothing, you usually need some type of attraction or you'll probably just be friends and nothing more.

sterling1113 15

Wow, the power of gossip. "Well she said you and I are dating- so I figured yeah okay why not." Good luck, OP!

So that's where I'm going wrong. I actually need to make eye contact with the people. I must be careful with this new power. I don't want just anyone to think I flirting with them.

This comment did not belong here. Something happened after I hit validate, and I took too long looking for my reply to change it. My apologies.

SuperMew 22

But my aunt's yoga instructor's dog groomer's gynecologists' Buddhist priest's best friend's janitor's monkey said gossip has a lot of power. But like you, I never listen to gossip.

Have you been sending signals? Like making eye contact in the hallway?

Or smiling and saying hi? If you have smiled at him you clearly were signalling that you wanted to date him! Nothing to do with just being a nice polite person.

Maybe that's why I'm forever alone. I make eye contact with people, but for some reason they always run away. Maybe it's because I think eye contact is a primal challenge and go for their throats?

RileyTheCoyote 6

Yea. Maybe OP should've kept her hand out of his pants, but that still don't mean their dating

Rainhawk94 27

Poor guy thought it was too good to be true and it was