By CyberPsycho - 19/08/2016 20:57 - United States - Nashville

Today, a pharmacist slut-shamed me for taking birth control. I'm still a virgin, and I only take those pills to help with my acne and period cramps. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 875
You deserved it 1 214

CyberPsycho tells us more.

UPDATE: I called the manager and told him about my encounter. He wants me to come talk to him about it further but I'll admit that I'm still kind of embarrassed to go back to that store....

Top comments

I'd report her/him, they're a pharmacist, they're supposed to remain professional and helpful. They should not be working in that field if they are going to be a judgmental jerk. Even if you weren't a virgin, the reasons you take birth control is your own damn busniess.

Holy shit. That's super unethical. They should know the all the purposes of BC. I would totally file a complaint against the pharmacy. I would be so livid.

Comments

Good for you. I'm 22 and still a virgin...but then I've never had a GF.

Report report! S/he had NO right to do that. I was on bc starting at age 14 because I bled for 10 ******* months. **** them.

I was on bc at 13 because I bled to the point of anemia. That pharmacist can go **** himself.

Oh hell no!!!!!!! I work in a pharmacy and if one of our pharmacist or technicians or cashiers did that my boss would have their ass. That is not cool you don't do stuff like that you keep your personal feeling to yourself and you do your job with some level of professionalism. What you need to do is get ahold of the pharmacy manager or the district manager.

AndyPandy918 14

As a pharmacist, he or she should know that some people have to take birth control for those reasons because your period could be irregular or really heavy like mine was for a while. Even if that wasn't the reason, it was an ass move to judge you, and it's none of his or her business.

sailorarctic 22

my husband works as a pharmacy technician. he says that it's a HIPPA violation and not only should that person lose their license but they as well as the company they work for could be forced to pay restitution.

menareweak 6

Ignore him. Obviously it was a male. They are too stupid too understand

i take mine for cramps/how heavy mine can be. im also a virgin. (i plan on using them for the birth control use when my boyfriend returns from deployment)but anyways, my pharmacist said "what could you possibly need these for?" like i feel you.

There is no excuse for **** shamming you over your medicine. I take birth control for PCOS and I'm still a virgin. That's just rude. I would talk to the manager.

I was one of those unlucky ones, the shot screwed me up for years! I have PCOS and my periods are extremely painful, which is one of the reasons I wanted to try the shot. Not worth it for me. You're a woman, you get periods. Suck it up like the rest of us.

If the guy's stupid enough to think that birth control pills are used solely to prevent pregnancy, then commits a HIPAA violation by spouting his stupidity in order to embarrass a customer, then I certainly hope he's not the pharmacist. If he is, however, he should have his license revoked permanently. I worked as a pharmacy tech in undergrad, and I was aware people took birth control for more than one reason. Even if I hadn't known, I would never insult a customer. Please report him. This person is a law-breaking misogynist and deserves to be punished.