By CyberPsycho - 19/08/2016 20:57 - United States - Nashville

Today, a pharmacist slut-shamed me for taking birth control. I'm still a virgin, and I only take those pills to help with my acne and period cramps. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 875
You deserved it 1 214

CyberPsycho tells us more.

UPDATE: I called the manager and told him about my encounter. He wants me to come talk to him about it further but I'll admit that I'm still kind of embarrassed to go back to that store....

Top comments

I'd report her/him, they're a pharmacist, they're supposed to remain professional and helpful. They should not be working in that field if they are going to be a judgmental jerk. Even if you weren't a virgin, the reasons you take birth control is your own damn busniess.

Holy shit. That's super unethical. They should know the all the purposes of BC. I would totally file a complaint against the pharmacy. I would be so livid.

Comments

It's ok, the exact same thing happened to me

People like that really tick me off. First of all, it's none of the bitch's business what pills a paying customer is taking. Her job is to fill the prescription and that's it. Second, a lot of girls take birth control for reasons other than not getting pregnant. So many people hear "birth control" and assume the girl is sleeping around or something. Assholes.

Right the pharmacist up. He/she needs to get fired

lilchica22001 22

I'm a registered nurse and I know when something unethical takes place in the nursing profession that a patient can report said nurse/nurses to the State Board of Nursing. The same goes for pharmacists. What that lady did was completely unethical and against the oath we take as medical professionals. Please report her to the State Board of Pharmacy. You can call the store and get her name, then look her up on the pharmacy board website and get her license number. You can file a report right there online. Good luck honey! Take that judgemental bitch down!

#30, Doesn't always work that way... Some people never have periods while on the shot, some people have normal monthly periods, and some unlucky people have spotting/bleeding the ENTIRE TIME instead. Taking birth control just because you don't happen to like your period isn't the kind of excuse a doctor will normally consider. Now, if it was for PMS symptoms or excess pain during periods, or other hormonal reasons, they might. But not just for trying to stop the bleeding, which is a normal, and necessary, female bodily function.

Yeah def report it. I used to work in pharmacy and the pharmacist should know that people are on the pill for a number of reasons. Good luck OP !!! Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

#39... NO. You're a man, you're NOT medical professional, and this is a third-party "story" your sharing. You do NOT get to tell women to stop using birth control.

get pissed, i mean really pissed for this and think of not only you but all the other women he has done this to. if you cant confront that company your self, call your local tv station and talk to the "on your side" reporter who will do everything for you, if that does not work name them here. its not slander if its true.

Not only is the inappropriate but it is illegal. Pharmacists aren't allowed to say those things.

cootiequeen4444 11

only it's not ??? it's p. damn old tbh