By CyberPsycho - 19/08/2016 20:57 - United States - Nashville

Today, a pharmacist slut-shamed me for taking birth control. I'm still a virgin, and I only take those pills to help with my acne and period cramps. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 875
You deserved it 1 214

CyberPsycho tells us more.

UPDATE: I called the manager and told him about my encounter. He wants me to come talk to him about it further but I'll admit that I'm still kind of embarrassed to go back to that store....

Top comments

I'd report her/him, they're a pharmacist, they're supposed to remain professional and helpful. They should not be working in that field if they are going to be a judgmental jerk. Even if you weren't a virgin, the reasons you take birth control is your own damn busniess.

Holy shit. That's super unethical. They should know the all the purposes of BC. I would totally file a complaint against the pharmacy. I would be so livid.

Comments

This is actually illegal. Pharmacy staff are not allowed to make any remarks or say anything about the medication beyond what is medically pertinent or answering questions you have asked. It is a HIPAA violation to publicly make statements re: a medication (particularly in such a judgmental fashion). Report them to management and corporate.

What a rude pharmacist. It's none of her business. You should report her

I am so so sorry OP! I will can't say much else beyond what everyone else has said other than I completely agree with all 100+ comments I just read. it is very illegal a violation of HIPAA and just plain disrespectful. report him and sue if you can. take a friend or family member to support you so you can speak with the manager. this is simply outrageous! good luck sweetheart. I know it's hard but please, for yourself and for all the other women out there he has and will embarrass, please take the right steps in order to receive justice. much love.

U **** I can't believe u would look after ur body like that

The last sentence wasn't even needed. Even if you were sexually active, it doesn't matter.

alicat089 18

I take birth control for PCOS and I would LOVE for someone to **** shame me for that. I'll make it weird and give them a detailed verbal essay on female reproductive organs, how each one works, what PCOS does to a woman if left untreated, and why BC is important for more than just pregnancy prevention. I pretty much would assume that that person is ignorant and needs to be taught a lesson.

It's none of the pharmacist's damn business why you are taking a particular med. Please talk to the manager. You may be feeling embarrassed but crap like this needs to be stopped. Our silence and politeness hasn't accomplished a thing. Everyone needs to stop being quiet about others mean and unnecessary judgements.

This is a violation of HIPAA federal laws, and she can be prosecuted. You are allowed to press charges.

question did the pharmacist share this information with anybody but you could other people hear? because if he or she did it's actually illegal it's against HIPPA rules was this a real pharmacist or just an unlicensed clerk if it was just a clerk bring up the issue with the head pharmacist

Hold your head high and tell his manager everything. And if someone tries to put you down for being medically in control of your body, you tell them that the Express Lane to **** Off is right over there, up their ass.