By CyberPsycho - 19/08/2016 20:57 - United States - Nashville

Today, a pharmacist slut-shamed me for taking birth control. I'm still a virgin, and I only take those pills to help with my acne and period cramps. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 875
You deserved it 1 214

CyberPsycho tells us more.

UPDATE: I called the manager and told him about my encounter. He wants me to come talk to him about it further but I'll admit that I'm still kind of embarrassed to go back to that store....

Top comments

I'd report her/him, they're a pharmacist, they're supposed to remain professional and helpful. They should not be working in that field if they are going to be a judgmental jerk. Even if you weren't a virgin, the reasons you take birth control is your own damn busniess.

Holy shit. That's super unethical. They should know the all the purposes of BC. I would totally file a complaint against the pharmacy. I would be so livid.

Comments

healthcarechick 9

That's total BULLSHIT!!!!!! Report that asshole! Anyone that says you deserve it is a total complete DICKBAG!

hydronoxx 11

That's not very professional of them to do that to you.

It's happened to me too, that's why I stopped taking it

yeah Ill take "things that didnt happen" for 500 Alex

That pharmacist needs to be fired. I'd tell her manager.

As a pharmacy tech I know for sure you can report them to the state board of pharmacy: tn.gov/health/article/filing-complaints-against-health-care-professionals

There is literally nothing to be embarrassed about. You're a virgin, you said so yourself. You only take birth control to help your acne and period cramps, which is a completely legitimate reason to take them. Even so, if you were taking it for sexual reasons, sex feels great, especially when it's with a great person! He's the only one who should feel too embarrassed to show his face, because he jumped to conclusions, and tried to dehumanize the most human things about you, me, or any other human on the planet. Stay strong, OP!

Kelly1995_fml 8

Had people **** shame me for the same reason. I've been taking birth control since I was 11. I take it to regulate my period and for bad period cramps. Now it's a plus since I'm sexually active.