By CyberPsycho - 19/08/2016 20:57 - United States - Nashville

Today, a pharmacist slut-shamed me for taking birth control. I'm still a virgin, and I only take those pills to help with my acne and period cramps. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 875
You deserved it 1 214

CyberPsycho tells us more.

UPDATE: I called the manager and told him about my encounter. He wants me to come talk to him about it further but I'll admit that I'm still kind of embarrassed to go back to that store....

Top comments

I'd report her/him, they're a pharmacist, they're supposed to remain professional and helpful. They should not be working in that field if they are going to be a judgmental jerk. Even if you weren't a virgin, the reasons you take birth control is your own damn busniess.

Holy shit. That's super unethical. They should know the all the purposes of BC. I would totally file a complaint against the pharmacy. I would be so livid.

Comments

Shhhh....no need for ignorant mansplaining.

So very sorry for your experience. My grand daughter take birth control to keep her domestic seizures at bay, but that's nobody's business but her and her doctors. Shane on that pharmacist!

That's so rude . The one thing all pharmacies have is that everything is confidential and no one gets judged, that guy is an ass

Did that person also teach you that anecdotes never hold up as proof?

Mooglefox 23

Report that person. That person's job is to fill out the meds, not to label you.

So not only do you have to deal with the reasons you're actually taking the pills for, you've had put up with this judgemental fuckstick. And even if you were getting them for birth control what business of theirs is it? Get friend to come with you for support, go back to see the manager and get their arse fired, they don't belong in healthcare. You definitely don't deserve this.

da_epic_failman 7

Seriously? If he was so against birth control, why would he even sell it to you? If it's for ethical reasons, then he shouldn't be a damn pharmacist. Trying to avoid pregnancy through pills is wrong, but so is ****-shaming.

What? How is using pills to avoid pregnacy wrong? Alls it basically does is prevent your body from ovulating so an egg can't be fertilized, it's safe, and is more effective than condoms. "How dare you be responsible by practicing safe sex and using one of the best possible methods to prevent being saddled with an 18yr+ commitment that you're not ready for." We use prevention methods for basically everything else to protect ourselves, cars, technology, hygiene so we don't get sick, even to cross the freaking street there's preventative safety measures. Why is prevention and safety with sex in regards to birth control any different?

Please don't feel ashamed OP...I went through a very similar situation at my pharmacy the 1st time I was prescribed birth control to help with my hormones... To make things worse I'm 29, married and when i told the pharmacist this. She was then upset that I didn't know how to even use the prescription... Thankfully this pharmacist was only there for a week, but it was very inappropriate! Keep your chin up OP!

hennessy89 34

OP I'm sorry you went through this. I agree with others though and think you need to stand up for yourself. What this person did was ethically wrong and definitely uncalled for. They deserve to have consequences especially after causing you unnecessary shame and embarrassment over something that helps women on a multitude of problems. please keep us updated and send a message that no one can treat you or anyone else for that matter like that!

I had my doctor treat me like this. You aren't alone, OP. Some people are just so delusional that they think they have a right to judge others. You shouldn't be ashamed to have BC for any reason. That's why its there.