By trolls have hit the gutters - 17/02/2015 18:23 - United Kingdom - Durham

Today, a homeless guy told me I looked like shit and to have some self-respect. Right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 618
You deserved it 4 629

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RenoTheRhino 30

Was he a homeless man wearing a suit and with combed hair?

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. Or if you like psychology- he's using projection as a defense mechanism.

Comments

I probably laughed at this more then I should have . I'm wondering why the guy was on or what you were wearing. Either way it's rude and slightly funny to me .

One of the comments has gotten it right, he probably meant it for himself. People project what they feel about themselves.

Well, did he have a point? He may not have the means to look better, but if you do and don't bother to do so, comments on your image will occur.

Doesn't mean he should have made those comments. She has the right to wear what she wants without being insulted

When I first read it, I thought OP didn't deserve it and felt bad for her. But her wording makes it seem like she thinks low of homeless people and thinks they deserve no self-respect which is absolutely wrong.

You know the reason? He's homeless. He doesn't have what you have. He can't help looking like shit. He's saying you have enough to look nice, and you should have enough self respect to use the things you are so lucky to have.

You know, there's quite a large difference between not being able to afford a home/ rent and not being able to afford decent clothing, food etc. Homeless should not always equal completely destitute and filthy.

He was probably self conscious of the way he looks and took it out on you

amileah13 26

Sometimes I wonder why I keep this app because it makes me hate the world so much and even hate my entire existence on this planet in-particular. I'm confused now so I'm gonna go sob myself to sleep and wonder why I even...