By malcolmXXX - 14/10/2015 02:01 - United States - Savannah

Today, a girl I've liked for the longest time kept asking me to reveal my "deepest secret" in exchange for hers. Thinking this was flirting, I told her my secret was that I liked her. Her secret was that she was a "lesbian and just had to tell somebody." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 404
You deserved it 2 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's bad. well at least she felt comfortable telling you its not easy to get it off your chest. hope you can be a great support system for her.

That sucks OP. But on the bright side you're the only person she trusts enough to tell her biggest secret. That's got to be worth something. You know she really cares about you if she shares something like that. At least at the end of the day she didn't have to give you the "awww you're just my friend!" speech because I'm sure that would've hurt your feelings more. She can't help how she feels, just be there for her.

Comments

I agree with #9, she brought the topic up and I doubt think she knew what you were going to say. Don't listen to the ones telling you that she said it on purpose, just to meet you down easy. It may just be a phase and she's really bi. Guess who is on the short list of people she can trust?

Yeah that's what we call a trap. 99% of the time you're going to regret answering that question. Others include, do I look fat? how old do I look? where would you like to eat (this is technically just a test to see if you know where she wants to eat), do you notice anything different about me? Even the answer they want you to say is wrong.

I have been in the same situation, but the girl in reply said that she likes my best friend.

If you had a hidden crush on a person for a long time it is your fault. Try flirting and going on dates. If you are engaging with potential romantic partners, this will help you avoid having your feeling fixate on people who are not interested in you.

Luxray24 13

Doing that is a lot harder than it seems. I don't know about OP but i suffer a massive fear of rejection. Ive only asked a couple girls out. The rest asked me out. And all but two of my relationships, one when i was a sophomore in high school where i lost my Girlfriend to my cousin because we weren't compatible but gained my beat friend who is basically my bisexual sister now, and my current one with my loving girlfriend. And some people are afraid because they might have been used before. Let me know when you've been dates to win a 5 dollar bet or used as a cover up because you GF's mom doesn't want her dating the guy she likes.

I know the feeling of liking someone who is gay. there's nothing you can do about it but move on. it sucks for you yes, but at least she trusts you enough to tell you her biggest secret.