Time to call it quits

By Cooky - 14/03/2010 09:09 - United Kingdom

Today, I learnt that the people I work with dislike me so much that they have a competition to see who can accidentally hurt me the most. How did I find out? A chef poured boiling water over my hands, and another shouted "50 POINTS!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 426
You deserved it 6 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

omgwtffmmfl 0

Calling Bullshit. Boiling water all over the hands would put him in the hospital. Hot water maybe, but then the FML would be even more lame.

I've done something similar. However it was with a woman. She was so stinky we had a contest to see who could convince her to bathe more. Winner got a $50 gift certificate (from the owner who encouraged the contest)

...it IS on purpose. They just wanted her to believe it was accidental. Are you really that thick?

otownguy78 0

Throw hot fryer oil on the chef's twig and berries. Then it'll be Game Over.

paperisuseful 0
redbeater 5

sounds fun. I should play games like that.

As a recovering addict of correcting people's past tense verbs, I heartly agree that "learnt" is correct in British English, while in American English it makes you sound like a 2nd grader. The double standard is disappointing.

frickyourlives 0

It's not a double standard, British English is correct, American English is full of these colorful [sic] little differences making it just a poor man's interpretation of British English.

@91 - However, remember that the English language is continuously evolving. You need look no further than the King James Bible, or Shakespeare. In 8th grade we had a class covering Sophocles (Oedipus Rex) in Old English (not sure why not greek). Yikes!!! English is just a bastardization of French and German that used to be spoken by only the illiterate. The aristocracies spoke french and read Latin. As much as I agree with everyone about people needing to back off about one specific spelling or another, don't rag on Americans for being ignorant of the language. They're just carrying on the trend...

well perhaps double standard is the wrong term. But Americans think Brits are wrong while Brits think Americans are stupid. it's a matter of perspective as to which english is right, and for one to stigmatize the other is pretty pointless. English is English is English is English.

pendulum2012 0

the internet: where below average loners can use wikipedia and google to help them act like intellectuals on the comment section of a leisure website

@127 - Not sure what your issue is. Not everyone uses google and wikipedia when commenting. Some people just know stuff. Y U Hatin?

pendatic - The fun comes when visiting some rural mountain spots (Appalachian). Apparently, their speech is closer to Scottish than English. Linguistic Darwinism

lindseypaige338 0

wow thats messed up! what did you do to them??? i cant tell if this is an fyl or ydi...

Thunderbender 2

They're just playing around OP get over it. Infact you should play that game where you shit in their pudding and skeet in their milk :) To quote Eminem, They can all get ****** :)