Time to call it quits

By Cooky - 14/03/2010 09:09 - United Kingdom

Today, I learnt that the people I work with dislike me so much that they have a competition to see who can accidentally hurt me the most. How did I find out? A chef poured boiling water over my hands, and another shouted "50 POINTS!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 426
You deserved it 6 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

yogibear01 0

don't be such a douche it's that simple haha

littlenova13 2

well that was a douchey thing to say; does that mean that you deserve boiling water on your hands??? NNNNOOOOO it does not.

ThatsMyHerpesBoy 0

quit. when you quit you should say "goodbye turd wankers lil' shit eaters hope you choke on the shit and die!"

mrzero 0

u should sue those ******* and when u win in judge judys court yell 439 points!!!! hahaha

wow, how slack. i feel sorry for you, OP.

monnanon 13

Please tell me you are no longer working there OP. No one should have to go through that when they are just trying to do their job. Tell HR or something. Learnt is how learned is spelt (ooh look theres another one :)) in Britian. I don't know why some of us use t's and some use ed its just one of those things. Now that its been explained for the 100th time on this fml alone do you really have to bring up the spelling in FMLs all the time. Western languages are mostly based on latin anyway and i don't see any Italians on the site tearing hell out of people because the English spellings are different from their Latin roots.

Assault (ABH) and grievous bodily harm (GBH): I suggest looking into them, contacting your local authorities, and getting these people arrested and prosecuted. Getting them fired, as I've seen a few comments suggest, is really unimportant, as they are physically attacking you - on purpose, as you have discovered. That is illegal, and can get them thrown in prison for a long, long time if convicted. I believe, since boiling water can cause serious burns (especially if a good amount was thrown on you) that this would constitute GBH. Did you require medical treatment? Records of any treatments you've had for these wounds will definitely help you if you decide to pursue legal action. Your coworkers are cruel morons for not realizing that they can get anywhere from five years to life in prison if they're tried and convicted. I feel bad for you, OP. I hope you decide to take legal action against them, and against your place of work for not protecting you from recurring harm on the job. Even if the authorities can't do anything yet, it will definitely help you later to have complaints on file. Good luck, and stay safe!