Time out

By Starfucks - 17/12/2015 02:55 - United States - Bensalem

Today, I was in Starbucks with my daughter when she noticed a travel cup she liked. She picked one up and asked for it, but I said no because it was expensive. She angrily slammed it back into its stand and in the process, knocked over a display of ceramic mugs. I had to pay for each broken mug. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 867
You deserved it 4 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fumanshu 9

Assign money to chores, and have her do those extra chores till she works to pay it off herself. That's what my mom did! She taught me a very valuable lesson that way. Good luck op!

Comments

sohigh10 34

Don't you have liability insurance for that?

So take away her future education and possible future for a mistake when she's young, at least I assume she is? It really won't even affect her now anyway, taking money she could spend on current desires and making her work it off will affect her much more.

I'd work her like no tomorrow. My grandparents raised me, once a month my grandpa would hand me $2 and say it was my allowance; that was in the 90s! Keep in mind he was born in 1920... I went to a private Christian school and vacuumed the kindergarten teachers classroom everyday after school for spending money to buy treats. It kinda sucked but formed a great work ethic that is taking me far fast.

time to parent your child and teach her respect.

juanatrevino 16

Returning Christmas presents in 3,2,1....

if this been me i have gotten a good spanking and been working for free for the next few months sadly you can't spank kids nowadays without someone screaming child abuse *sigh*

instead of giving her pocket money or money for the cantene, dont give her anything until she would have recieved enough to pay for the damage

business have insurance for this type.of occurrence. You should have at most paid for their deductible which would have been pennies for each mug. Usually a $10 item will have an insurance deductible of about $1. If you paid more just realize they're still going to get reimbursed by their insurance company for their profit. So basically, they'll get paid twice. Have a nice day.

crazytwinsmom 25

If they somehow manage to make you pay, be sure to take the broken parts with you. You paid for them. Then they cannot submit a claim.