Time out

By Starfucks - 17/12/2015 02:55 - United States - Bensalem

Today, I was in Starbucks with my daughter when she noticed a travel cup she liked. She picked one up and asked for it, but I said no because it was expensive. She angrily slammed it back into its stand and in the process, knocked over a display of ceramic mugs. I had to pay for each broken mug. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 867
You deserved it 4 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fumanshu 9

Assign money to chores, and have her do those extra chores till she works to pay it off herself. That's what my mom did! She taught me a very valuable lesson that way. Good luck op!

Comments

I'm so sorry to hear that, OP!! What I would have done was bought her the cup and later on taught her how to act in public...that way you would've avoided all that and had taught her a lesson calmly at home..best of luck, OP!

buying her the cup rewards the bad behavior! the parent was right not to buy her an almost 50 dollar mug. if your dog craps on the rug. you don't give it a treat then yell at it for crapping on the rug.

... you would have bought her the thing she threw a tantrum over? And paid for the mugs? You had better put aside a substantial amount of your paycheck each month to pay for crap your reckless, selfish children break

I don't know how old she is, but this might be a good time to start making her work/do chores to pay you back.

Um no, what you mean is that she had to pay for each mug, didn't you?

Sounds like good news. Now she has to get a job and pay you back, plus she gets to learn a valuable lesson in how her actions can hurt her long term.

bigdfootball97 24

This WOULD happen in Pennsylvania ?

Is her name Veruka Salt, OP? How did you raise that?

I would show her Christmas presents she would have gotten and take her with you when you take them back to the store.

Sucks. You didn't even get to Keep them because they were all broken..fyl

I thought this was funny. I'm kind of disturbed by all the people screeching "BEAT HER!" I can only hope they don't actually have kids themselves.