Time out

By Starfucks - 17/12/2015 02:55 - United States - Bensalem

Today, I was in Starbucks with my daughter when she noticed a travel cup she liked. She picked one up and asked for it, but I said no because it was expensive. She angrily slammed it back into its stand and in the process, knocked over a display of ceramic mugs. I had to pay for each broken mug. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 867
You deserved it 4 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fumanshu 9

Assign money to chores, and have her do those extra chores till she works to pay it off herself. That's what my mom did! She taught me a very valuable lesson that way. Good luck op!

Comments

Maybe you should teach your kid some manners instead of whining about it here.

Return some/all of her Christmas gifts to pay for the broken mugs and put the receipt in her stocking along with some coal.

cheyennedestiny 4

Did you spank her ? A good spanking and she'll learn her lesson . My mom used to hit me and im better for it . It's discipline .

Geckosrock99 33

Oh hell no. Make your daughter pay for it. She's the one who broke everything. That kind of behavior is unacceptable and can easily get her, and by association you, arrested if she did that to the wrong people. Nip that behavior in the bud immediately, OP.

I agree with you, OP. Starbucks travel mugs are stupid expensive. I actually picked one up last week because it was cute, and then saw that it was like $46! I like some of these ideas here, like returning her Christmas presents to pay for it or assigning dollar values to chores to have her pay it off.

If she's mature enough to be drinking coffee, she's mature enough to not throw a fit over a mug.

How old is she? I'd be taking it out of her allowance. I broke a garage door opener remote when I was 11, I had extra chores and no allowance for 2 months. I was definitely more careful going forward.

well if she's old enough to ask for a mug and smash crap in anger I'm sure she's old enough to understand that this is coming out of her Christmas gift money! ef that omg I can't imagine. I would be BEYOND pissed!

quarterbird 18

A. She needs an ass-whipping. B. Stores, shops, etc. are insured specifically for such things. Not saying that people should randomly go out and destroy store items with reckless abandon, but the "you break it, you buy it" rule is bullshit. Broken displays (especially of fragile items) is a foreseeable cost of doing business.