The sweet smell of success

By Anonymous - 29/10/2020 11:02

Today, my dad decided to make home-made popcorn. He accidentally used old fish oil instead of mazola oil. Now the house reeks of fish and we can't even throw the popcorn out for fear of attracting wild animals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 924
You deserved it 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mccuish 25

Throw the popcorn out at random garbage can at a local park

You should incinerate the popcorn by microwaving it for a few hours. That will solve the wild animal problem.

Comments

You should incinerate the popcorn by microwaving it for a few hours. That will solve the wild animal problem.

Is this some greasy spoon restaurant? Why the heck would you keep old oil that fish had been fried in?

Did you think the oil was old? I read it as the oil of old fish.

Deep frying uses a lot of cooking oil. If you were going to be deep frying again soon you might save the used oil. It’s not terrible if you cooked French fries. But if you cooked fish in the oil it’s going to smell of fish if you reuse it. If you were a (greasy spoon) restaurant selling a lot of fried fish you might reuse the oil from one day to the next. The cost of all that oil in the fryer is significant. Nobody is going to cook popcorn in cod liver (fish) oil. This had to be used fryer oil from cooking fried fish.

mccuish 25

Throw the popcorn out at random garbage can at a local park

Throw it out on trash day so there's no time for wild animals to get to it.

rotflqtms_ 21

flush it down the toilet a little at a tine

randybryant799 20

How do you accidentally use old fish oil? Couldn't you smell it as soon as it was poured?