The good old days

By WOWreally - 25/09/2009 06:24 - United States

Today, I decided to surprise my husband in the shower. I got in and we were talking and goofing around and I stuck out my chest and sucked in my stomach being stupid, and my husband said, "Wait! Do it again! That's how you looked when I first met you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 032
You deserved it 12 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i reckon he was joking, doesnt sound like something you would say seriously

Dmi thats harsh! lol i imagine this sort of thing happening to me in 20 years time.

Comments

I agree that it sounds like the OP's husband was just kidding, but since I know a lot of people are going to get on here saying how she 'shouldn't have let her body go' and etcetc I'll say this- Firstly I'm sure your body is not sculpted like a Greek god's either, so you have no room to talk. As people get older, their bodies get saggier. Not saying that's an excuse to let yourself go, but in most cases it is unavoidable to a point. I think in this case the OP is being a little sensitive though. If it was me I would've chuckled a little and said "yeah I guess so...that was a while ago huh?" or something. As long as he still loves you that is the important part =].

The greeks had a better idea of what constituted attractive female form too - namely curvaceous. The notion that thin in attractive is a purely modern, cultural notion.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

There is a difference between curvy and fat. Beyonce is curvy. Kim Kardashian is curvy. If you look more like Rosie o Donnel, you are FAT. The ancient greeks don't change the fact that too much extra weight will kill you eventually.

Curvaceous is not a synonym for fat. One woman was trying to seduce me saying she was "curvaceous" and she had a body like Scarlett Johansson. When the **** are just as big and the ass is just as big (or more), but they are connected by a big fat belly, you are no Scarlett Johansson!

so I'm guessing she did not join the "plexico, have my baby" persuasion?

No, and mostly because of the lying. I was honest about my less-than-perfect body, but she was going on and on about how she was like Scarlett Johansson and Beyonce. More like someone who ate them.

LOL...Plexico's comments are almost always better than the FML.

visage 0

It worked just like he wanted. She prob runs around asking if "these jeans make me look fat...." when the muffin top makes it obvious they're 4 sizes too small. Now she'll never ask that again! On the bright side, if she can suck her belly in to look good she's not all that bad off...

God no wonder people are afraid of aging. "Oh look, she's LET HERSELF GO" *shakes head and thinks some nasty thoughts about those people* She probably takes great care of herself. If she didn't she would be that perky and energetic. FYL OP, though I'm sure he didn't mean it to hurt you, some husbands are just tactless.

Well, you couldn't really that bad off if all you have to do is suck in your stomach to look good. Stop being such a sensitive girl and get on with it. Men make stupid comments sometimes, girls do too. xD I'm sorry, but your life is, in no way, ****** because of what he said.

KBear816 0

Yea my fiance said that once too... but I admit, I've gained a little weight since we met.

you'll be less self righteous when it happens to you...

Actually, palleas, I'm the one who put on the weight in my marriage and I'm the one who is most upset about it, too. The way I put it is that my wife slathered me with about 40 pounds of anti-other-woman goo. It's the old "fat and faithful" trick. If I ever get married again, I'm going to enter into an agreement where we will both promise to maintain our weight within a certain range. The range wouldn't apply during the pregnancy and lactation phases of the "plexico have my babies" project! ;) I'm not happy about what has become of me and why my wife kept shoveling the oversized portions of food at me as it was going on, but fortunately, I'm gaining control again and moving in the right direction. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a nice plumpa humpa!

well, I agree, I'm just saying it just sounds self righteous saying "ydi for not staying fit"... you're not married anymore? That's a bit sad somehow if you really think that your wife made you voluntarily fat so that you'd stay faithful... And I can well believe that you're the one most concerned about it. I'd be the same I think. I don't mind my girlfriend gaining a little weight (within reason :p and I do prefer her fit, let's not be hypocritical), and I don't weight myself (ever... I think the last time was 4 years ago), but I'm quite fit, and becoming fat would really be a bother to me, so yes, I understand.

palleas, I am still married, but it is rough. Certainly not the experience I expected and given what I saw growing up, my expectations were not exactly fairy tale material. I notice that for both you and your girlfriend, you would tolerate a small weight gain. What I am saying is that if you plan to get married, you ought to each agree on a specific definition of "reasonable" weight gain. The idea being that once one of you bumps up against the limit, they must do something to get back into shape. It is funny how body composition is automatically correlated with fitness. I guess in general it is not a bad guess, but in my case, I play a very competitive game of tennis and regularly clobber guys who are hauling around a lot less extra weight than I am. Sometimes, I just plain outlast them! When that happens, I just point to my gut and quote the T-shirt, "It's not a beer belly. It's the fuel tank for a sex machine."

well, that's a good come back line ^^ though you'll probably even better without your sex machine fuel tank

Yeah, they were hanging around by themselves, then all of sudden they fell on a hole with a tunnel that led them to a steaming shower that had the ability to take their clothes off.

BreatheForLove 0

Okay, I'm very sorry that your husband is a jerk(if he even meant it, I dunno, lots of people here seem to be unable to recognize a joke.), but let's be honest: you. gained. weight. It's human, it's natural. It happens to all of us.