The Curse

By ugly me - 24/10/2010 00:50 - United States

Today, I was sitting on a plane waiting for everyone to get on. A cute guy around my age had the option of sitting next to me or an old guy. He gave me a horrified look and immediately sat next to the old man. I got to sit next to his mother. She evil eyed me the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 415
You deserved it 3 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Vexation 0

It amazes me that people can be so rude and superficial. *facepalm*

Maybe he didn't think you were ugly...maybe he thought you were really cute and said to himself, "Eesh! Better not sit next to a pretty girl...I'll never hear the end of it from mom!" And when his mom saw you (the pretty girl) staring at her son, she got angry because NO ONE is good enough for her baby boy!! Thus him avoiding the seat next to you and her giving you dirty looks. It's more of a compliment, really...

Comments

This was my initial assessment. He may be afraid of flying and his horror was on his face when he turned it towards her. The mother could've been giving OP the evil eye because she is a terrible seatmate or that could just be her usual expression. Maybe he knew the old man or maybe, out of the two of them, he looked to be less garrulous. OP, there are a dozen reasons I can think of off the top of my head why this could have nothing to do with how you look. Get over yourself.

Maybe he was freaked out by the fact that you were staring at him.

alyssydoll 0

soo umm , I'm gunna guess tht yur ugly .

Vexation 0

So, umm, I'm going to guess you are failing in English class.

Rooney77 3

Either his gay or ur so ugly u make guys go gay

Rooney77 3

Either his gay or ur so ugly u make guys go gay

hey the dude may have thought it was just best to sit next to the guy and let his mom sit next to her. to keep either one from feeling uncomfortable. I've moved and traded several seats to let mother's sit with their kids or so whole families could sit close together. and when you swap seats like that you score free booze.

leelee12_fml 0

to me, it seems like he was simply afraid of his probably super religious/protective mom, not you. otherwise, the mom wouldn't have given you dirty looks. I mean, we've all seen some pretty ugly people, but I don't think we stare them down with the evil eye?