The Curse

By ugly me - 24/10/2010 00:50 - United States

Today, I was sitting on a plane waiting for everyone to get on. A cute guy around my age had the option of sitting next to me or an old guy. He gave me a horrified look and immediately sat next to the old man. I got to sit next to his mother. She evil eyed me the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 415
You deserved it 3 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Vexation 0

It amazes me that people can be so rude and superficial. *facepalm*

Maybe he didn't think you were ugly...maybe he thought you were really cute and said to himself, "Eesh! Better not sit next to a pretty girl...I'll never hear the end of it from mom!" And when his mom saw you (the pretty girl) staring at her son, she got angry because NO ONE is good enough for her baby boy!! Thus him avoiding the seat next to you and her giving you dirty looks. It's more of a compliment, really...

Comments

Maybe they were having a bad day. The kid messed his pants and the mom had the smell stuck in her nose.

there's no room for ugly people op sucks for you (if you are ugly)

looks like that guy was Indian(well he could b any race...) and just to respect his mom, he didn't sit next to u in front of her... how does that sound?? but if he didn't intend to respect her mother or anything then FYL

cali_gurl209 0

It just sounds like he has a very controlling bitch of a mother. He was probably terrified of the prospect of sitting next to a beautiful young woman and having his mother glare at you two the whole flight. Or he was probably a shy guy without alot of dating experience and lost his nerve upon seeing a woman sitting there. Don't take it as a hit to your self esteem. There are alot of plausible explanations as to this unpleasant experience.

cali_gurl209 0

Ya you should have looked her straight in the eye and said, "do you have a problem, or do i have something on my face! Please let me know, because your condescending glances are really making me uncomfortable!!" or "Excuse me, ma'am, I do not wish to be rude, but i couldn't help but notice that you keep giving me stern looks. Am i making you uncomfortable in any way?" Depends on your preference: rude or polite. Bottom line is, people need to realize that public travel is for everyone, and they too, need to be courteous to others around them instead of having the mindset that they are the only and most important person in the crowd. She was in the wrong by making you feel like shit for something that you most likely didn't even do. And, she caused you to second guess yourself and think that you are ugly. Don't let people get to you like that, hun. She was just another rude, oblivious traveler who probably had a bad experience prior to your encounter.

Every plane I've been on had assigned seats

gamerdude66 8

people like you are the cause of every problem in the world.

That must have been a VERY awkward plane journey :/

jordan3194 0

The guy was probable allergic to pretty girls. It's okay OP I would of sat next to you. :)