Take the L

By slowrunner - 22/04/2009 13:20 - United States

Today, I was running the 100m sprint in a track meet. Me and another girl were tied for dead last. When we finished, she complained, "It's so embarrassing how slow I am today. I have shin splints. What happened to you?" I was actually running my hardest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 655
You deserved it 7 597

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow... Hm... I don't really know what to say but that is... sad I am sorry (Also, NO ONE CARES IF YOU'RE FIRST. So shut up)

susie1234_5678 0

Don't worry, you will improve!! I was in track and cross country and used to lose every single race, but I kept improving every year and I started doing really well! That's the thing about running, you really see AMAZING improvements. Have fun and believe in yourself!! Pushing your body will make you improve fastest. (And don't run too much because you might get flat foot like I did :S)

Comments

XenonScreams 0

I say she's a pussy, honestly. I get shin splints when my shoes get old, and you can DEFINITELY run a fast 100m dash through them. Nice job running your hardest and NOT having any excuses :) Also to the person who said the swimmer running thing... Pfffffft I went from swimming competitively to running competitively. If anything it helped, I got the cardio and the high VO2 max and all that jazz from distance swimming and now I'm just working on form & getting faster in running.

She used shin splits as an excuse? What a wuss! It's the 100m dash! I had shin splints so bad my Freshman year that it hurt to walk, but I still sucked it up and won the race every meet. It's a short race, the pain shouldn't be a factor. But hey, you might wanna try distance running. Most anyone can build endurance with enough hard work, but speed is something you're either born with or you're not (for the most part, you can get slightly faster my sharpening your technique, but you can't beat genetics).

#21 the last time I checked you can't see shin splints. At least you tried your best. If you're new to track, then maybe you were in a heat with more experienced runners? Plus, she could've said she had shin splints just to cover up the fact that she's slow, because if they really slow her down that much, then she shouldn't be running on them in a track meet.

AK 2

Ouch. I'm a slow runner myself so I understand that.

dnr928 0

#21 - High school health FAIL. However she very much needs to grow a pair, metaphorically, but YDI for joining track when the truth is, you're not fast. but Y coach DI for sticking you in a sprinting race, when you aren't fast.

yeah it's definitely possible to improve, i was an awful runner at the beginning of last year, and this year I've cut almost 3 seconds off my 100 time

Awww, don't worry! I joined cross country my freshman year, thinking I was a fast runner, and ended up 20 minutes after everyone else was done. LOL

lolololcheese 0

shoulda told her you had a terminal illness.

blue16 0

I can relate the other day I ran a 100m sprint and came in last, also don't worry about that just cuz your a slow sprinter doesn't meen your bad at track try 400's and 800's they don't require as much speed and they're still kinda of short, thats what I decided to do.

lolololcheese 0