Smart kid

By bleredoshia - 08/04/2010 04:27 - New Zealand

Today, after church, my 5-year-old son asked me about God, so I answered his questions in full. We talked about God for over 2 hours. At the end of it all, he pondered for a moment, before saying to me, "That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. You're dumb." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 764
You deserved it 62 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SourSourDiesel 0

your son is a bright young man

Comments

yottskry 0

Sounds like your child is brighter than you are. And if anything this shows one thing: the idea of God is a ridiculous one that people only believe because they are brainwashed to do so.

KVKdragon 26

again, if you people are athiest, why do you care at all about the OP's religion?

yottskry 0

Because it's idiots who believe in god who have a large say in how the country is run and how our children are educated. It's in my interest, as a taxpayer, to not have anyone indoctrinated to believe the rubbish that churches, synagogues and mosques teach.

Atheists have the right to their opinion, but I have never met one who did not feel the need to rudely insult anyone who believes in God. If they want people to respect their views, they need to respect the views of others.

ElMundio87 0

i'm guessing that's because atheists are fed up of being told to "go to hell" and that they will "return to the right path" it's very patronising

If you wanted to really teach your son about religion, you should have started before age 5. It's best for kids to grow up with it so right from the start, when they're learning rules and right from wrong and that kind of thing, they know the reason for what you're teaching them. Otherwise, they just see it as what you want them to do, not what God wants them to do.

That would be called brainwashing. Implanting an idea into his head when he's too young to rationally challenge it, so that he grows up believing it, and doesn't question is when he's older... Because, lets face it, the Christian religion is waay too groundless for someone above the age of 5 to believe.

Your kid is smart. nuture his intellect and dont fill his head with bogus lies about Jesus & God.

epoh_fml 0

Whether or not God is real is a moot point. Everyone has the right to believe in what they want. Good for him for thinking for himself.

thebravery 0

149- You see a ******* Pikachu hiphopping around? No? Then, congrats. You just made Idiot Of The Year.

ElMundio87 0

#166 you ever seen a jesus or a god hopping around?

IMB916 0

LMAO!!! Your kid is the MAN! Good for him for being a free-thinker at such a young age and not just believing everything his parents say. He's going places. YDI for trying to force-feed him his beliefs instead of letting him make up his own mind, I hope you dont drag him along to church anymore.

OP, this isn't an fyl. Not at all. it just means that your child doesn't believe you. Which will either mean he will be atheist when ge gros up, or something other than Christian. There's nothing wrong with having different beliefs. I would know.

lovin_darkness 0

that kid is so gonna end up Athiest haha! frankly if youre not gonna be a Christan because its "stupid" go for the fun religion: Wicca XD theres some fun stuff right there, sure you can say its all make-believe but its fun to have an outlit for your anger