Sleep demon

By good big sister? - 02/07/2013 17:39 - Canada - Sault Sainte Marie

Today, my 7-year-old sister had a nightmare, so I let her sleep in my bed. I woke up to her punching me in the face and giving me a black eye. Apparently, she not only screams when she's having a nightmare, she also "gives the bad guy a taste of his own medicine." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 093
You deserved it 4 718

Same thing different taste

Top comments

epmorr2010 9

Solution: send her to your parents' room next time.

perdix 29

That's why you should wear a hockey mask to bed -- to comfort the child. Also, leaving a chainsaw idling on your nightstand creates soothing bedtime sounds.

Comments

epmorr2010 9

Solution: send her to your parents' room next time.

Damian95 16

Its like that cute video where that little girl confidently states, "I'm gonna kick his ass. Because if I don't he's gonna kick my ass!"

Kn0wledge123 21

Your little sister sounds like a badass.

If it's in her sleep, it's completely involuntary so you can't really blame her.

HowAreYouToday 34

If I woke up beaten up by a 7 year old, I'd blame whoever I want.

If you'd blame whoever you wanted you'd just be showing your immaturity and lack of reasoning. Simple fact: it's not the kid's fault.

HowAreYouToday 34

I'd forgive her of course, but I'd still be pissed.

I really don't get why people are thumbing you down. As far as I know (I'm not a doctor), a person can't really control what they do in his/her sleep. Getting mad at someone for thrashing out mid-sleep is like yelling at someone for having a sexually-stimulating dream.

HowAreYouToday 34

I think its because 2 is implying that OP doesn't have a right to be irritated. The difference is that a sexually stimulating dream doesn't usually end up in someone getting sucker punched by a munchkin.

Oh i didn't mean to imply that. I meant it more as "as least she's not intentionally hurting you", if that makes sense.

AllThatHit 7

But I thought your muscles are paralyzed while you dream

Not at all. The majority of people move around, luckily not to a violent extent. Personally, I nearly roll out of bed a lot during nightmares. -.-'

summerguy97 16

Couldn't you have just let her sleep on your floor?

Seriously? She is from Ontario, not Sparta. I guess not sleeping is a solution not to have nightmares, but still...

RedPillSucks 31

She could have made a little pallet with sofa cushions and a comforter for the kid to sleep on. We used to do this all the time when we had friends over and there wasn't enough bed space. Guys don't do "sleep in the same bed" well.

I don't see why male friends couldn't sleep in the same bed, #37. If that's what you meant.

At least you know she attempts to defend herself.

By falling asleep? Not the best way to defend yourself when you think about it... Maybe that's why I never win a fight! :(

I meant that in a dream she did. So in a real situation you could hope for the same.

perdix 29

That's why you should wear a hockey mask to bed -- to comfort the child. Also, leaving a chainsaw idling on your nightstand creates soothing bedtime sounds.

Of course! What's cuter than being punched in the face by your 7 year old sister?

Being punched in the face by a 6 year old sister?

RedPillSucks 31

having to explain to your friends that your sister gave you a black eye.

MissWhitneyB 17

At least if someone comes her way, she'll be able to protect herself & send her to your parents room next time.

k_lylepad 19

Little siblings can be a pain in the ass, huh.....or eye in this case.

If you ever get into a fight then you know who to call. I'd bet that be the first time someone call their little sister...

That's the price you pay for being a good sister OP, my little brother used to do the same thing.