Siren king

By drreeeewwww - 25/11/2014 20:44 - United States - Salem

Today, I found out that my dog likes to howl when he hears sirens. I live next to the fire station. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 631
You deserved it 3 743

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Indianboy9321 25

So obviously the easiest thing to do is to train the firemen to not sound their alarm! Definitely don't put your dog through any training!

Comments

#34... you realize that just because dogs ears are more sensitive doesn't mean everything sounds louder? It just means they can hear things that we can't. I have better eyes than the average person so I can see street signs from a further distance than most people. It doesn't mean that everything looks closer though. OP's dog is not howling cuz the sirens hurt his ears to drown out the noise... that doesn't even make any ******* sense!

I have 2 dogs over 100 pounds and they both bark at everything. even if they just think they hear something they bark so I feel ya.

Then how does our family dog hear when we whistle or call her name from far away? Sometimes when she is free in a forest and goes way far, a certain whistle makes her come back to us. I dont think the whistle carries that far to humans ears.

Yeah they can hear things that people can't but it's not like everything sounds louder. Loud sounds sound the same to a dog as they do to people. However dogs hear things like a whistle far off in the distance much more acutely than people do. This is because they have better ears, not because the volume in their world is turned up louder than it is in ours.

The sirens hurt the dogs ears I think. It happens here since I live on the boulevard. N every dog goes crazy