Siren king

By drreeeewwww - 25/11/2014 20:44 - United States - Salem

Today, I found out that my dog likes to howl when he hears sirens. I live next to the fire station. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 631
You deserved it 3 743

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Indianboy9321 25

So obviously the easiest thing to do is to train the firemen to not sound their alarm! Definitely don't put your dog through any training!

Comments

... ... ... How the hell is the dog the problem here? Seriously, I don't get it. Is he louder than a fire truck siren?

Usually dogs will howl at loud piercing sounds, should of known that, sorry OP

My dogs does the same thing, but I've gotten used to it. It's kind of a good thing because they can alert you.

Twisted_Angel 17

my dog does that too. he's a big dog, so he's really loud, and living down the street from a fire station means I hear it a lot. and he does it for as long as he can hear the siren. but you get used to it, and sometimes it's even comical. Seriously though... get some ear plugs for those late night singing sessions.

ayanna_wright 15

Your not the only one bc I hear fire trucks everyday

My dog howls at sirens as well. He used to howl at them every time he heard them, but since moving to where they are heard more frequently, he has cut back. Now it is only when it is within a block when out for a walk. He still gets that happy and excited look on his face when he hears them, though. :)

BrownEyednWild86 7

The dog is probably howling because the loudness of the sirens causes pain, seeing as dog's ability to hear is way more sensitive than that of the average human. Howling counters the noise created by the siren because the dog controls it's own howl, and it's used to hearing its own voice, so the howl is considerably less intense on the ears.