Sigma mindset

By Username - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was pulled over for speeding and was shocked that the cop asked me out. Before I could respond, he noticed my wedding ring, said "Nevermind" and then gave me a ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 890
You deserved it 5 627

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Today, I broke the law and now I have to pay for it. FML" Nope, no sympathy here.

So a cop is misusing his authority. Welcome to America

Comments

90% of you saying "YDI for speeding" are hypocrites. Who the hell actually goes 45 in a 45mph zone? Grandmothers? Blind people? It is unacceptable to go less than 5 over (if it's 35 mph or over), unless you really love getting tailgated.

So it's you who's always tailgating and following too close. You know some of us try to actually follow the speed limit. I'm not a grandma, blind or a slow driver. I just try to stay under the speed limit and it's people like you who ruin it for the rest of us.

alicec123 0

you know the answer to that problem- don't speed in the first place. and you should be flattered that he wanted to go out with you. he would have been a nice guy to say 'nevermind' instead of leading you astray...

LOL wow. I love how so many people like to belittle posters of things like this. Yeah, like the majority of you saying 'she deserved it' haven't sped before.

gxkon 5
keeka88 0

Fucken. Haters I'm asuming they have a perfect driving record!they're various reasons y pple speed like umm perhaps a family member is dying or ur late to work! Though I must admit they're some ediots who just like to drive like maniacs 4no reason! Stupid cop haha!

newjerseyguy 0

report him, cops arent allowed to do that.

Exactly, report him for his unprofessional behaviour! He hit on you then when he realised he wouldn't get anywhere gave you the ticket anyway. If he could have got some he wouldn't have given you a ticket and that's not ok! He shouldn't be using his position of power to manipulate people that way. Why is this an FML when he has given you a way to challenge a ticket you probably deserved? It's your lucky day but it may not be next time so stop speeding!

foilindo 0

that's why I tell people not to get married!!! lol