Sicko

By stalker - 27/09/2009 17:24 - United States

Today, I had a restraining order put on me. I have apparently been following a woman's daughter home after she leaves track practice and parking my car outside their home. I'm a math teacher at the school and leave everyday at 4:30. I have lived across the street for the past six years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 258
You deserved it 2 556

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So I can get a restraining order on whoever I want for whatever reason and they won't even bother to investigate or hold a court? Awesome!

how far away is the restraint saying yo stay away?

Comments

Inked2009 0

you don't need to be such an asshole

Either this is fake, or people are truly becoming stupider and stupider each day.

FireFlie07 20

What a bitch! You'd think she'd approach you first, (I would) and try to sort it out before going to the hassle.

NotNegativeNews 0

Then that should be easy to get rid of. :)

Well, quite frankly, you obviously didn't do anything wrong, so I can't really see anyone saying that you deserved it unless they misclicked or misunderstood the FML. Obviously, if you live across the street and park your car in that lot, garage or driveway, you're not doing anything wrong, really. To be honest, it would be really funny if you live so close to them that you can't even live in your house anymore. O_o

Shit like this is the reason being a male teacher is so hard. Hell, it's like this for a female too...we have to be so careful not to even risk a lawsuit over silly things. Changing a diaper? Keep the door open. If not, you can get a lawsuit against you. Screw privacy. Speaking to a parent? Say as little as needed to explain some things about your class, otherwise people can freak out and overexaggerate over little things. In other words, paranoia is killing us.

i know.. in high school our guidance counsellors didn't seem to care to listen to people's problems, or gave them the brush off. so one male teacher would let us talk to him after school. when the principal found out, he forced him to transfer because of 2 previous false allegations of assault.

well you don't have a restraining order on you yet. you have to see a judge and plead your case. they simply filed for the restraining order. tell a judge what you just told us and he will likely throw the case out.

exactly. they inform you that someone filed for one, but you have a court date to plead your case in front of a judge before it's submitted and a set deal. saying this from experience, i've had to file for a restraining order in illinois before.

If this is true, FYL. Although, I do doubt this a little bit because you would think the police would investigate such a matter before issuing a restraining order. But who knows. Also, FYL for living near two idiots who think they're more important than they really are.