Rough

By aarone23 - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was slammed onto my car, thrown on the ground, and arrested for outstanding warrants from 1979. I was born in 1992. FML
I agree, your life sucks 73 265
You deserved it 4 135

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Imagirll 3

show them your drivers license..

ckyorelse 18

Hi! Billy Mays here with the all new Magic Age Reducer! born in 1979? Let's try 1992! With the all new Magic Age Reducer, you can get out of any warrant thrown your way!

Comments

blahman52 2

classic case of driving while colored.... I had this happen to me while driving through Beverly Hills at night... cop - "sir, you forgot to put your blinker on while changing lanes...", me - "but officer the entire road is empty...", cop - "thats it, step out of the vehicle...", after a one hour strip search for "weapons and drugs...", I got a dont disrespect authority speech.... and was finally let go...

A couple of months ago I had the police knocking at my door, then flashing a warrant in my face and demanding to make sure my flat wasn't being used for a cannabis factory. I had been living there for 6 months at the time. Once they had looked at the complete lack of marijuana plants in my flat, they left. I kicked up a fuss and the Chief Inspector gave me a personal apology for the "inconvenience I had experienced", along with some amazing bullshit explanations for targeting my flat. - "Our scans show that you're generating a lot of electricity" - Do you know how much it costs to heat my flat during the winter, on the coast, in England?! - "Your blinds are closed for most of the day" - It's winter. It gets dark earlier. Also, I can't see the TV if they're open. - "There were bags of plants in the front yard" - Yeah. Dead plants and weeds. (Not cannabis, haha...). Which I'd pulled up and bagged for later disposal. Also, if I were operating a cannabis factory, would I be stupid enough to leave bags of marijuana cuttings in my front yard?! I'm not saying all cops are stupid, but I sympathise with the OP. Some people in authority let the power go to their head.

solayback 0

i strongly agree with you thats a case of abusive power, its just funny how we ppl have to stand by and watch and at the end of the day laugh about it.

I tried to take the case further, but no joy. :( I laugh about it now, but at the time I was terrified and confused. A group of policemen/women with no visible badges charging through my home looking for drugs? Bleh. Although, the main policeman amused me when he asked me about the supposed 'farm', looked at me and said "I can tell by the look on your face that you have no idea what I'm talking about ..."

ArabFML 3

how many warrants do u supposedly have?

sue for embarrassment and harassment **** tha po po!

thats good! it gives you a reason to come to FML and bitch about it.

evi661 0

well let's see 2011-1992=19 plus being about 17ish to drive don't worry I'm sure you don't look like your in your late thirties.

A7X_LoVeee 10

160 I believe you meant me(115) instead of 112. Anyways, no I don't live a sheltered life. I don't understand where that was even remotely shown in my post. But the situation you described is very unfortunate but not every cop are like the ones you've described. You must have a poor bunch where you live if the instances you described were 100% true.