Remember this?

By notanerd - 09/03/2010 05:12 - United States

Today, I have to spend over an hour at a Gamestop so my boyfriend can get his 'Final Fantasy' game at midnight. I'm tired, I don't want to stand around any more, and all the people around around me are debating superheroes. I'm living in an episode of 'The Big Bang Theory.' FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 622
You deserved it 38 312

Same thing different taste

Comments

1 hour? that's it? stood youside for no less than 6 for World of Warcraft's expansion last year at about -30 degrees last year with my wife. and I don't even consider that an fml!

Final fantasy XIII is going to go for about 30 hours may as well get involved, it'll be a good game.

Only 30 hours for any Final Fantasy game later than 6? On a speed run or without getting dragged into side quests and completionist stuff, sure, but I doubt someone willing to queue up on launch day will be like that. *put 120 hours into FFXII and still has several bounties to hunt and areas to explore properly*

Though I've heard that the first 15 hours are pure concentrated tedium.

You "have" to go with him? Unless he's threatening you with physical violence, there's no "have to" about it. YDI, OP.

angelkissezxox 3
paul924 0

leave!! final fantasy is for 5 year olds it's sooooooooooooo ****** stupid!! go home and on the way get a new boyfriend!

Au contraire, it contains some fantasy violence and hence ratings deem it suitable for teenagers and mature audiences :) I guess you're just acting tough and mature though~

Kylias 6

Final Fantasy is for 5-year-olds? Dude, there's people getting stabbed through the stomach, people getting shot in the chest, people beating each other to all Hell every five minutes - hell, there's even a martyr in XII, and that's not even beginning to go into detail on the viera. I hope you don't breed, #47.

Give him to me! Nerdy boys rule, especially gaming ones

live with it bitch, he sounds far cooler than you

HaiToThePeoples 0

Wow. You're whiny. And half selfish. Personally, I would've loved to be there! I'm trying to get my boyfriend back into video games again by talking about this Final Fantasy game. :) I don't see any FML here other than your boyfriend having a whiny girlfriend so FHisLife. Btw, what makes you think you're going to get sympathy from people on the Internet? A lot of us here on the Internet LOVE video games. So fail on your part.

Cantarella_fml 0

Holy crap, if girls really are this stupid, clingy, and bitchy... maybe we don't deserve to be out of the kitchen. OP: He has a hobby, get the f- over it and go do something else if you don't like it. You should probably find one of your own, actually, seeing as Final Fantasies are really long and will likely take weeks to complete. That is, unless you were planning on hovering around him and complaining while he plays as well.

I suspect that Cantarella is actually a guy....bc NO woman would ever suggest that woman may not deserve to be "let out of the kitchen" But this is not an FML. You knew you were going to a nerd rally....you could have always declined. There's no law that says couples have to accompany each other everywhere at all times. Or you could have just said "Oh well, this is only an hour of my life" and played the Name Game or Dirty Text Game.

whatshernuts 0
abouttofly 12

I voted FYL, not because I think there's anything bad about waiting 1 hour for a game with your boyfriend, but because you have to put up with a bunch of idiotic people calling you a bitch for daring not to like something they like.

I think it's more the whole 'oh noes I'm in a relationship with a geek and he acted geekily LET US GO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT TO THE GEEK-FILLED INTERNET' mentality that's annoyed people.