Outlaw

By me_the_maniak - 12/01/2012 10:14 - India

Today, my parents want me to become a lawyer, all because our family members keep getting into feuds and court cases. I'm a successful developer, and run my own company. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 806
You deserved it 2 451

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So develop a backbone and tell your parents to mind their own ******* business. Are you the Hatfields or the McCoys?

keyboo 0

Who doesn't need a good lawyer on the family right? Charge double and tell them it's the special family price

Comments

Tell them them to become a lawyer. It's never to late to go back to school.

A7X_LoVeee 10

Do what you want to do. It's not your fault that your family keeps getting into those situations. FYL for having parents like that.

I'm sorry? How is this an FML? Just tell them "no" and you're still a successful developer in charge of your own company...

Yes? Do you prefer more graphic profanity? Because I try to tone it down in public forums.

I understand how that feels. I haven't begun my career yet, though, because i'm still just a teenager. My parents want me to pursue art as a career, but I want to be a marine biologist. They are pretty adamant about it sometimes, but in the end, they know it's my choice. I'm lucky to have understanding parents like them, and I hope your parents are understanding as well.

Andr913 13

You are the only person on the planet whose parents would rather have you be an artist.

Are you successful enough to pay for a lawyer? Keep him on retainer so he has to listen to their petty squabbles instead of you.

FMLitUP69 0

Look at the location. Now it all makes sense.

Tell your family to grow up. If they act mature these little court cases wouldn't pop up often.

I don't understand, if OP is a developer and runs their own successful company, they are obviously over 18 and always doing well...so why do the parent wanting them to be a lawyer matter? And why is that an fml? What is fml about parents that nag and say you should be a lawyer? I say just tell them "nah Im good" and leave it at that?