Out of the frying pan…

By Anonymous - 06/06/2023 10:00

Today, I was offered a job that pays almost double what I'm currently making. I just found out that it requires me to relocate to Florida. I'm forced to turn it down to protect my young trans daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 100
You deserved it 1 077

Same thing different taste

Spiralling out of control

By Anonymous - 18/12/2023 03:00 - United States - Swartz Creek

Today, I was told a job offer that would've changed my life had been taken back, due to one part in the onboarding process. I’ve already sold my car, ended the lease to my apartment, and purchased a non refundable plane ticket. With little to no money and the Christmas break coming soon, I feel like I’m going to die with no backup plan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 624
You deserved it 156

Top comments

There will be other jobs, but you only have the one daughter. I’m very sorry that you had to make that choice, but please know that I am proud of you for making it, and I’m sure your daughter will appreciate it.

You need to send this story to the Florida Democratic Party and the Biden campaign. People need to know the damage that Shitface DiSantis is causing with his Putin-esque Culture War.

Comments

There will be other jobs, but you only have the one daughter. I’m very sorry that you had to make that choice, but please know that I am proud of you for making it, and I’m sure your daughter will appreciate it.

You need to send this story to the Florida Democratic Party and the Biden campaign. People need to know the damage that Shitface DiSantis is causing with his Putin-esque Culture War.

Nikki 16

I love you when you joke but the occasional serious one really hits the mark

shit situation. but massive kudos to you for accepting and protecting your daughter over money.

altonti 1

depends on how young your daughter is…if she is too young to decide life choices for herself then you are guilty of child abuse

People keeping kids away from school and home schooling them: parental choice. Them failing at home schooling, but still not sending them to school: technically not allowed but practically allowed. Parents using humiliation as punishment: parental choice. Public humiliation: parental choice, maybe a visit from CP and a tap on the fingers, but we aren't actually gonna stop you. Parents refusing you permission to have a job, but kicking you out the day you are 18 though you are in your last year of high school: parental choice. Etc etc etc There's so many actually damaging FOR LIFE choices that parents can and DO often make, legally allowed, often times they're even legally protected to do such things... so why are we focusing on a non-issue like parents projecting trans on their kids? That pathway has a shitton of red tape even if you are actually trans. You need how many therapists before even being allowed to lift a pinky?

Suaria 38

Let's actually focus on actual child abuse like a child being physically beaten rather than focusing on a parent supporting their child.

Sdog 6

You definitely made the right choice. Sucks, but hold your head up high.

Anyone who voted YDI: You have no idea what's going on and you should feel bad.

You made the right choice, Florida is becoming one of the worst places on the planet.

They are sure trying, but they're getting stiff competition from Texas. While DeSantis is effectively turning Florida into a hellhole, Greg Abbot is proving everything is bigger in Texas including cruelty, bigotry and government mind control.

mccuish 25

Makes me never want to visit Florida