WTF?

By Anonymous - 13/11/2018 05:00

Today, I was denied an animal adoption because I said "babies" instead of "kittens". Apparently that means I'm not serious about pet ownership. What?! FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 055
You deserved it 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sourgirl101 28

I adopted 3 of my cats just from people standing in front of a Home Depot/ Publix trying to give them away to a good home. There never seems to be a shortage of kitties needing a loving family to care for them

whiskey'swino 15

My doggos are my fur babies, super spoiled and well cared for. If the agency didn't appreciate your verbiage then there will be plenty f other places or people that would be happy to give a kitten a good home with a doting mama.

Comments

Go back in, and recite Data's poem about his cat from Star Trek: TNG. They'll love you.

More like you don’t understand that a pet is not literally your child. You took pet ownership a little too seriously.

I think I speak for a lot of FML users when I say “, “Seriously?”

But aren’t kittens babies? Baby cats? Why does it have to be referring to them as one’s babies?

You seriously have to ask if I’m serious? Seriously?

With that stick up their asses, they'll never pick someone to adopt their animals.

sourgirl101 28

I adopted 3 of my cats just from people standing in front of a Home Depot/ Publix trying to give them away to a good home. There never seems to be a shortage of kitties needing a loving family to care for them

whiskey'swino 15

My doggos are my fur babies, super spoiled and well cared for. If the agency didn't appreciate your verbiage then there will be plenty f other places or people that would be happy to give a kitten a good home with a doting mama.

Nhayaa 21

What's not serious is that everyone says "you know, having pets is a responsability" but noone ever says the same about kids...

GUYMAINE 16

literally everyone says that about kids. EVERYONE

Nhayaa 21

Oh really ? I never heard anyone saying "you want to have a baby ? but what are you gonna do with it when you want to go on a vacation ?". My point was, if you want to get a pet you have to "prove" that you will be able to take care of them. As far as I know, if you want kids, well... yeah.

Difference is, pets can and do get dumped at shelters or streets when they’re no longer wanted. It’s a bit harder and less acceptable to do that to children.

Nhayaa 21

Tayza, yep exactly my point again... you do ask yourself "can I take care of a pet?" but most people don't really ask themselves "can I take care of a kid and offer them a good life?". The human being is an optimistic animal, we're always so sure we can "figure things out". So when it comes to kids, you just respond to nature and make some, with no further thinking.

Hyousax 3

To me, it's always sounded a bit childish to call some other species' offspring "babies". Small children call foals "horse babies" or puppies "dog babies" when they don't know the correct term.

Please, what’s the proper term for an infantile roach then? Cuz I’ve only ever heard “baby roach.”

GUYMAINE 16

That's because you discuss with ppl who don't know. they are called nymphs

Whatta mean there NOT FUR BABIES 😱,I bet you can't find a single pet owner that doesn't call there pets there babies at least once in a while 😐

whiskey'swino 15

FWIW- in this "babies" debate may I add that some of us do not have children, for whatever reason. Yes, children and animals are very different. However, for some, channeling that love, devotion, attention and "parenting" is put to the pet instead. They are our fur kids. But then, my dog had a ruptured anal gland last week needing surgery. I have babysat him more than normal, cleaned his stitches so they don't get infected, made treats (pumpkin and lean turkey meat balls) to hide meds in and when he hated sleeping in the cone I cuddled with him all night. That is being a pet parent, he is my baby.

GUYMAINE 16

That is called being a responsible pet owner.

Jorn van der Ar 13

Are you one of those morons who think pets are their children?