Not a geography major

By Anonymous - 20/09/2013 22:45 - United States - Buffalo

Today, I had to show my daughter where the USA is on a map. She's 17, and we live in the USA. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 356
You deserved it 10 927

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TrackGirl19 29

One can only hope she was joking.

You would be surprised at how many kids actually don't know this stuff then.

Comments

Most students around me can't get shit done without copying or nagging the shit out of someone for answers. I can't imagine their future if they stay the same...

They become politicians! *bah dum tss*

Shows how well the public education system is functioning these days. But still, how can she not know that? I can't fathom it. Even a kindergartner can point out where the USA is on a world map.

jw90 18

Someone isn't paying attention in geography class.

toxic_venom 4

Never underestimate the power of stupid

Jesus Christ. I'm not even that far removed from high school and here I am thinking, what are schools TEACHING kids nowadays?

How to pass standardized tests on math and interpreting readings the proper way is obviously the only thing they teach in schools nowadays.

Standardized Testing is out of control. My Senior year we took 6 of them.

As #59 mentioned, the only thing they teach schoolchildren these days is how to pass tests, not to think critically. Like George Carlin once said, they want obedient workers: "They don't want people who are smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting [screwed] by a system that threw them overboard [30 years] ago."

You shouldn't be surprised. They have no clue where anything is. Ask any american how many states canada has. Guarantee they don't correct you lol

Provinces and territories, ************. I am a seventeen year old American female. Not all of us are ******* idiots.

Awe 64 you beat me to it. You make me not lose hope.

buttcramp 21

growing up we had little plastic place mats with maps of the world on them and my parents would tell us to find certain countries at dinner.. looks like you should embrace this little game. you cant blame the schools if you dont interact with your kids enough. you should have noticed she was behind before it got this bad! sorry op you and your daughter are both idiots

notsofriendly 17

My parents had those map placemats for me, too! My dad used to quiz me during dinner. :)

has she never taken a geography class, or even looked at a map? Sheesh.

That's why I can't have kids, I couldn't deal with the stupidity.