Not a biology major

By babymomma - 14/09/2009 14:13 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of 5 years almost broke up with me. Why? Our one month old's hair is growing in blonde, and we both have dark hair. Did I cheat? No. I had blonde hair as a child until I was 4... As did everyone else born in my family. I guess this factor doesn't count when you're paranoid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 972
You deserved it 5 681

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aw hell, this is going to start the "YDI, get married first" comments.

You could explain to your BF that two dark-haired people could have a blond child due to recessive genes, or just get a paternity test and make his dumb ass pay for it.

Comments

imrighturwrong 0

You should have gotten married first. At least talked about the genetics of your family before your little bastard was to be born. Shame on you, I feel for your innocent child.

I feel sorry for any child of any religious nutcase who actually uses the proper use of the word "bastard". If you are talking about your genetics while having a baby, it shouldn't be "our hair looks blond sometimes" and shit like that, it should be "My family has a history of sickle cell and we should go talk to a doctor about that possibility"

Mike, I sincerely thank you sir. Your reply to that moron was completely full of win.

#5- I shouldn't even debate this with you. But how do you know who was born to married parents or not? It's very common, I wouldn't go voicing those opinions too loudly if I were you.

Among people are not in poverty it is actually fairly uncommon.

kapowi 0

Just stop talking. You're an idiot. Having a child before marriage is common ANYWHERE. In fact, I know way more people that were born out of wedlock than people that were born after their parents got married.

Hahaha, I can see you keeping the tally of people you meet. "Excuse me, yeah, just a quick question before we can actually get to know eachother - were you born out of wedlock? I have to compile statistics to use in arguments on the internet."

out of 10 of my friends, 4 of them were born before their parents were married. 2 of them have parents who never got married and simply live together as life partners. we are all middle class and white. you are a naive asshole.

#156 "Children born out of wedlock tend to experience poverty, have low education levels, be sexually active younger, and produce their own premarital babies." Umm, you do realise poverty causes the other two? It seems to me like a case of correlation=/= causation. Just because children born out of wedlock tend to expierience poverty doesn't mean the fact that the children were born out of wedlock caused it. Poor people (especially teens) **** more when they're younger because they have poor education levels and....poor life gotta suck and be really ******* boring so they need something to do :P . This causes babies to be born out of wedlock. And, since they're born poor already they're gonna havfe to go through poverty

kchip89 0

What a jerk! He has obveously never taken a biology class, bc if he did he would know that blonde hair can result from two dark haired people. He also could have taken a paternity test if he really didn't think he was the father.

What an idiot. Even if he didnt believe the blonde-turning-brown-at-4 thing, blonde hair is recessive and if you both carry the recessive gene, they both could have been passed to the child resulting in blonde hair. Hopefully this dimwit didnt pass his retard genes onto your child.

amazingkate 0

yeah, you only know of sure the kid isn't yours is if two blonds have a dark haired baby. and probably even then it may be possible through a fluke.

Well there's an easy way to settle this: "On the next 'Maury'..."

haha, win! although jeremy kyle would be better purely for the "eh excuse me! it says JEREMY KYLE on the wall, not YOUR name.. it's MY show, okay? shut up"

If he was going to leave her over it with them not married he'd probably do the same if they were married. Fathers that are married to the mother's walk out all the time. It's not just something that happens to people who aren't married to each other. OP - That sucks, but you deserve better than him.

It's been said already, but YDI for not waiting until marriage.

_cheeseballs 0

So she's going to live a structured life is she? You don't have to be married to have a child. |:

I'm sick of morons like #63 who get angry at the folks who post 'you should have waited until marriage.' If you're telling those people that it's not okay - by YOUR standards - you are a hypocrite. ******* idiots, shut the hell up and let people believe what they want to, whether or not you agree with it. That's part of life.

GotWhateverItIs 0

Believing that people should be married before they have children is neither conservative or liberal. There are many conservatives who have children before/without marriage just as there are many liberals who wait until marriage before trying to have children. In the past 4 years I've had a roommate who was as liberal as they come but believed that sex before marriage was wrong, and I've had a very conservative roommate who has a baby on the way outside of marriage.

petition family court for a DNA test, then he can look like the asshole he is and it'll be public record. good luck hun.