Nice

By mandiballz - 12/01/2010 06:46 - United States

Today, I was saying goodbye to my 5 year-old son before dropping him at my mom's, as I was leaving for two days, and told him I would miss him. He said, "l won't miss you, I never miss you when you are gone." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 784
You deserved it 4 461

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pipistrello_fml 0

A) he's a kid. Relax. B) It's actually probably a good thing. This way you won't have to ever break him of a homesickness issue when he's older. C) if he's REALLY intelligent, he might be trying to help YOU to worry less about how he's feeling. D) ignore the idiots who reply like he's a bad kid. They have no idea what they're talking about.

Comments

I never miss people when they leave.

mendel_fml 0

YDI for not accepting your kid the way it is. Kids at that age think about what's right around them; if grandma would mention mom or if she called on the phone, the kid would likely miss her then (so best avoid that if you don't want to make grandma's job difficult). It's the way kids are, please don't expect them to be the way you want them to be. And thumbs up for raising a kid who's not afraid to speak his honest mind.

So let your mom adopt him for life. That is if he wasn't kidding.

RVP23 0

YDI for not knowing enough about kids to know that at age 5 they want both independence and your approval. This was his way of showing what a big boy he is for being able to live without you, and he wanted you to be proud of how brave he is.

my ex is a jailed heroin junkie and terrible mom. the kids still momentarily get upset when leaving her. how bad of a parent are you?

And my sister is a sociopath who has kids that get upset when she leaves. Why? Because they don't KNOW if she's ever coming back. She likes to toy with their emotions and push them until they cry. She makes them prove they love her. Just because a child says something like that doesn't mean the OP is a bad parent.

Look at this as a good thing. Your child has a sense of independence and will probably do very well on his first day of school, etc. Your child is also being dropped off at grandma's, and I bet grandma doesn't get him in trouble as often as you do (because this is what grandparents do, not because you're a tyrant). I said things like this to my parents when I was a kid, and it had nothing to do with how much I loved them. I also didn't waste the teacher's time every day for a month because I needed mommy and daddy at school, like many kids did. Good for you for teaching your kid the ability to be away from you!

that being said I feel he won't miss you because your probably gone a lot as with my own father I stopped missing him too because it hurt too much seeing he wasn't around lot so if anything you should spend more time with your child you'll regret not doing it later in life my own father died before giving me that chance of knowing him so please be there for your child it's been 10 years since my father died I'm now 20 years old and that's something I can't get over even to this day

xlostwithoutu 0

Aww :( Hes only 5, kids say things and they don't know how much it can hurt people.