New look

By Anonymous - 15/01/2011 07:09 - United States

Today, it's the 3-month anniversary marking the day two friends and I shaved our heads as a show of solidarity for a friend starting chemo. Her prognosis is good and her hair only thinned slightly. We, on the other hand, look like a motley crew of lesbian biker chicks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 941
You deserved it 11 069

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It kind of takes away from the sacrifice if you're going to bitch about how you look.

Eh, atleast you did it for a good reason. It was a nice thing to do.

Comments

blinkingstarlet 15

You're a selfish asshole. You should be happy your friend is not only alive but getting better and doing well. Seems u only did it for the attention...

Whaaa whaaa poor me, my friend didn't lose all her hair and isn't going to die! That'll teach you to be a good friend ever again! Of course, you'll feel really bad if you don't do this for the next one and she DOES die. Boy, would your face be red.

PancakesEqualLov 0

it was for a good cause. you're a great friend op. just go and get some cute wigs. also, it depends on how strong the chemo is. my brother had to get chemo and lost all his hair.

Today, I have cancer and I'm listening to my friend whinge about how she shaved her head in support, oh, did I mention I have cancer? FML

That's nice of you, but couldn't you have waited til her hair actually fell out?

Your appearance is only temporary. Remember why you did it to begin with.

you could get wigs, or increase protein intake. OR the way I cheated to get my hair to grow fast, prenatal vitamins-my hair is also much softer, just be careful not to over do it. talk to a doctor

Can you hear yourself? She has cancer! You chose to shave your hair! You're bitching because "Her prognosis is good and her hair only thinned slightly." when any true friend would be happy for her! So what if you don't have hair, you don't have cancer either! So of course she has it worse than you! **** her life for having cancer and friends like you!

ulicksam 0

Her hair would have fallen out within a week or two of starting chemo (I personally know). You could have let your hair grow out in the 3 months since. YDI. And you sound like a self-centered asshole.

sallen0046 4

Yeah, you're right. It would be so much better if your friend was bald and was because she didn't respond to the chemo. A show of "solidarity" is pointless if you have the audacity to bitch about the outcome. Get over yourself.