New look

By Anonymous - 15/01/2011 07:09 - United States

Today, it's the 3-month anniversary marking the day two friends and I shaved our heads as a show of solidarity for a friend starting chemo. Her prognosis is good and her hair only thinned slightly. We, on the other hand, look like a motley crew of lesbian biker chicks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 941
You deserved it 11 069

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It kind of takes away from the sacrifice if you're going to bitch about how you look.

Eh, atleast you did it for a good reason. It was a nice thing to do.

Comments

I can't even begin to explain how badly this just made me rage. Who the **** cares about your hair OP. Your friend has cancer. Her prognosis is good, thank god, and her hair thinned a little. When she's staring possible death in the face, I think your friend deserves to laugh at her two newly-dikey friends. My best friend has leukemia. He is on chemo right now. I'd shave my hair off in a heartbeat for him, except he'd get mad for me doing it. (We already talked that idea out - He told me not to.) Be ******* grateful and shut the **** up about your hair.

Chemo doesn't actually make all your hair fall out (not normally anyway). It makes clumps of it fall out, so most sufferers shave their head to save the embarrassment of walking around with clumpy hair that falls out all over the place. So YDI for doing something like that while being uninformed. You knew what you'd end up looking like anyway so why is it any different whether her hair falls out or not?? At least you don't have cancer.

it's cool what you did and all but whining about your sick friend not going through horrendous problems from cancer treatment makes you a ******* bitch.

first of all you deserved that and second of all why would you be mad bout that hair grows back idiot!

I agree with commenter 23. Stop complaining and be thankful that a shaved head is the least of your worries.

teedeeGD74 0

Okay, I understand your young and all but you need to realize you were the one who had your head shaved, and she's your friend I would be so happy she was okay, I'd shave my head for a friend and wouldn't give a shit what I looked like as long as she was okay and she knew I was supporting her. Don't complain about how you look like shit while she was laying there feeling like shit

Lufferkinz 0

Aww at least you did a nice thing. And thanks for doing that too. My grandma died of cancer. :)