My little girl

By I'm an adult! - 02/07/2015 19:16 - United States - Mount Vernon

Today, I told my parents I'm pregnant. I got a long lecture from my mom about using protection. It would have been fine hearing all that, but I'm turning 22, I moved out a few years ago, have a full time job with great benefits, and am getting married next summer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 694
You deserved it 4 491

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think it's a little too late for the lecture.

Dom_Olivares 12

Congratulations on the baby!

Comments

Now while I do not agree with the other user's post. You do realize that the word bastard has an actual meaning, right? It means a child out of wedlock, making this child and most of us bastards. It is just that some of us are bastards in more then one way.

hannahrem 15

Awwww! Congratulations! I hope your parents realize you don't need lecturing anymore

Big_Bear99 19

Congratulations! She is obviously not ready to be called Grandma!

Goodness me, 17, step out of the 19th century.

maybe it's because you aren't married yet?

That very well could be. I know many women-my mother included- who would give a marriage-before-children lecture to even the most committed and financially-stable couples of all ages, solely because that is a rule which they themselves were raised to obey. Old traditions/beliefs are difficult for some people to see past or excuse.

Lol, I think that's just one of those worrisome-mom things that no one ever understands until they're in the same situation later in life. Hopefully the news really sinks in soon and she is as excited as you are! Congrats!

Most likely because of it being born out of wedlock. Still, congrats on the baby.

She may have wanted the deal sealed before you started your family. She may also still see you as a little girl.

it might be too late for the lecture but you deserved it for getting pregnant before marriage..

I'm 22 as well and just want to know what job OP managed to find... Sounds magical. Lol