Mistaken identity

By Fantastic - 04/03/2009 04:19 - United States

Today, I was walking to my car when I saw a large man walking behind me. I hurried to open my car as he was approaching quickly, but the door wasn't unlocking and I panicked. I then realized that it wasn't even my car. As I walked away from it, he walked up and unlocked the door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 134
You deserved it 48 802

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That will teach you that while it is good to be aware and cautious in these kind of situations judging people just on their size/features will not usually work in your favour. Epic Fail!

Ahaha, oh man that reminds me of how a young child might mistaken someone else for their mother. But yeah, must've been embarrassing, nonetheless I wouldn't call it a FML.

Comments

I totally feel this one. There are 3 other people living in my apartment building that have the same model and color car I do, and they're all within a year or two of each other. I've tried to get into another persons car as they're walking to the car and only figured it out when I looked inside it. Fortunately, I've seen someone else do the same with my car.

jESuS_lOVeS_mE69 0
gqduck 0

Assuming you are a woman, you were right to be frightened of a man approaching you in the dark. Super embarrassing you tried to take his car, though.

musu_fml 0

It isn't paranoia when you really are in a potentially dangerous situation; then it's sensible caution, provided you don't take it too far and end up macing some innocent guy asking you for the time, or somesuch. #11 Get yourself something that you can put on your car aerial that'll make it stand out from the others. A brightly-coloured ball, something like that. There are things you can buy made for this very purpose (hopefully you can find a classy one, if they exist) http://www.aerialballs.com/

panda24 0

People, it's okay to be cautious. The naive people who aren't cautious are the ones that get hurt, especially the girls. So stop judging her. It's never fun to be a female and walk alone at night in the dark. Especially in a desolate parking garage when no one else is around.

#15 I used to be able to tell because my car was always the dirtiest... now that it's winter noone's washing their cars. A front car tag would probably fix this problem quicker than anything else.

iammeanttolive 0

Is it wrong that I laughed at this? oh well, just brush it off. you probably won't see him anytime in the near future.

you should have pulled out your gat and blasted some holes into his ass

I totally support her being cautious when walking around at night, though I must admit that having such a stereotype on you is not fun. I've had many occasions where I've been walking home from school at night and most people ahead of me that turn around will suddenly be power walking to get some distance between me and them. It's still better to be safe than sorry, just remember that not-as-large guys can still attempt something as well.