Miscommunication

By kay-z - 21/06/2014 20:32 - United States

Today, my dad heard that the guy who bullied me at school died recently of a drug overdose. For some reason, he thinks we were actually best friends, and thinks I'm doing drugs too. I'm now not allowed out of the house except to go to school. He won't listen to a word I say. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 948
You deserved it 4 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Make it clear to your dad why you hated his guts

My knee-jerk advice would be to prove that you're telling the truth via a drug test, but that would basically turn your home into a police state. I'm sorry, OP. Stick to your story. The truth will out. =/

Comments

ckcknight 13

Oh and lol on the fact you're being punked by the bully from the grave.

There's a drug test over the counter, in the drug stores , buy it and prove him wrong!

Everything about this is ****** up. You were being bullied, a kid dies, and your dad, who's ignoring you, thinks you're on drugs. I'm really sorry OP. I hope you get things sorted out with your dad.

He didn't even consider drug testing you? Just an assumption that's messed up

RedPillSucks 31

What would make your dad think you were friends? I agree with people saying to offer to take a drug test

This is horrible! Is there someone you can talk to who can speak to your Father on your behalf? Sometimes adults for listen to "children" as they don't think they're mature or are lying. If you could get someone to talk to him about why you did not like this guy and that he bullied you and you were definitely NOT best friends! If that doesn't work write a letter to your Father and leave it somewhere he'll see it, like his bed. Explain some of the scenarios when this guy bullied you and what he did. Sometimes people don't like to listen to the truth, it also sounds like your Father has gone into a huge over protective mode where he thinks you'll end up like this guy who died from drugs. If you want to talk to him approach him when he's calm, otherwise get an adult like a relative, a friends parent or one of his friends. Normally adult to adult is very effective and it shows that you had to go to someone else to get him to listen. Best of luck OP!!

I feel like something like this will happen to me in the future. In middle school, this kid used to bully me everyday and now we're in high school and he's a total druggie.

I got in a fight once with this jackass in 7th and 8th grade, he's a drug user too and we're in 11th grade. I even hear he dropped out of school, because I haven't seen this jackass in quite awhile.