Miscommunication

By kay-z - 21/06/2014 20:32 - United States

Today, my dad heard that the guy who bullied me at school died recently of a drug overdose. For some reason, he thinks we were actually best friends, and thinks I'm doing drugs too. I'm now not allowed out of the house except to go to school. He won't listen to a word I say. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 948
You deserved it 4 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Make it clear to your dad why you hated his guts

My knee-jerk advice would be to prove that you're telling the truth via a drug test, but that would basically turn your home into a police state. I'm sorry, OP. Stick to your story. The truth will out. =/

Comments

Start leaving jars of piss around the house. If he asks what you're doing, tell him you are proving you're clean. Then he will get fed up with confining you and you'll be free;)

at least if you are stuck at home, you don't have to listen to everyone talking about what a great guy he was.

_CauseBatMan 5

Sorry op even in death he bully's you

daydreamer244 13

Possibly, you aren't communicating it clearly enough to him? Be sure to be firm and lucid when you tell him about it so he really gets it. So sorry Op. Best of luck to you. :)

Piss on the bully's grave, and make your dad watch...

thats ironic, a guy from my school overdosed that day too. :/

That's not ironic, that's a coincidence. Irony is when something is the opposite of what you expect, not when a coincidence occurs between different situations.

thejimler 9

I've never understood the notion that kids will never challenge their parents when they're laying down rules, when I was younger if my folks tried to punish me for something I didn't do I never hesitated to tell them where to shove it and carried on with my life. Simple denial isn't going to work, tell him that he's an asshole for assuming that you associate you with garbage, and look at challenging him him legally, whether it's a matter for social services or the police depends on how old you are but what he is doing is deprivation of liberty.

Some of us were trained from a very young age to obey and fear our parent's word and law. I'm 25 and I still fear my Dad when he yells at me, and I'm 1,000 away on a cell phone.

thejimler 9

Differences in personalities I guess. I don't believe in infallibility so I distrust anyone who assumes they never make mistakes, and challenge anyone who thinks that their decision is the only option. As I said being blamed for things when you're innocent tends to fuel resentment so I have a more aggressive nature. Not in violence, but refusing to 'put up and shut up' and demanding debate (or argument more honestly) in order for my points to be proven or disproven.

nurchok 15

He should have died from you waking his head on the concrete. **** bullies...