Mindblowing

By apparantlyStupid - 27/06/2012 23:28 - Canada - Okotoks

Today, I confronted my daughter about the various drug-associated items I found in her room. She then confronted me about going in her room and invading her privacy, to the point where I forgot the main issue and apologised to her. I just got outsmarted by a teenage pothead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 327
You deserved it 43 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1337Anonymous911 3

So you just let the drug abuse continue?

Comments

And you mean to tell me you didn't haul off and beat that ass till it bled? Learn how to be a damned parent

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Silver Lining: 1)good news is most of her brain cells aren't gone 2)you know she can think under pressure

It could be a lot worse. you could've gotten outsmarted by a teenage meth, coke, or heroin head. Weed is the least harmful drug, heck prescription meds have worse side effects. Just tell her your opinions about drugs in general, and asks her to respect you enough not to do it while living under your roof. Yelling, hitting, grounding, etc will just make her want to smoke more and be counterproductive :3

dramakween515 5

Hmmm since when is weed a drug? I thought it grew naturally...

Because nothing that grows naturally is a drug? I guess that means we can cross tobacco and opium off the list of drugs too...

raraisbang 12

Weed is a drug because it chemically alters your mind and causes physically and behavioral changes. Just because it's natural does not mean it isn't a drug.

btx2 9

Dont mess with a marijuana consumer. :|

If I was parent, I honestly would not give a crap what type of drug they brought in my house. If it's illegal, you're punished.

187- As you can probably see from my name, I play a lot of hockey. When one of my teammates gets into a fight, We usually yell "BEAT HIS FUC**N ASS!" Or in high school fights I usually hear "I'm gonna beat your ass!" Maybe it's a coastal term and it varies in different territories... Sorry about that.

What's up with all the commentors here? It's like an even split down the middle between people who think kids should have absolute privacy and helicopter parents. Everything in moderation. If the child is under 18, or is staying at the home rent-free, then they should have some right to privacy. "Some" meaning that if there is reasonable suspicion that they are doing something illegal, then a discussion should be planned. And the room in question should be searched if necessary, but with the child present. Other than that, if there is no reason to suspect that there is something going on or the discussion negates the need to invade the privacy, then their privacy should be respected. Also, monitoring their communications? Seriously? No, **** that. If they are doing something so bad that you feel monitoring their communications is necessary, then you have failed as a parent. Also, if it gets to that point police intervention is probably necessary too. I agree at least partially with everyone in this thread. Kids should have the right to privacy unless it is absolutely necessary to invade that privacy, and even then it should only be done with the kid present. You are raising a child, not an inmate. Home should be just that, a home. Not a prison.