Mindblowing

By apparantlyStupid - 27/06/2012 23:28 - Canada - Okotoks

Today, I confronted my daughter about the various drug-associated items I found in her room. She then confronted me about going in her room and invading her privacy, to the point where I forgot the main issue and apologised to her. I just got outsmarted by a teenage pothead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 327
You deserved it 43 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1337Anonymous911 3

So you just let the drug abuse continue?

Comments

And having her mother being too incredibly lenient is most likely what made your daughter think she could be in possession of/do drugs.

77, you must have awful reading comprehension skills then. I've seen much worse on this site.

Shitty parenting. Looks like she's the one in charge.

delicious69 5

Kids don't deserve privacy. They can e privacy when they move out. When your confronting them the should shut the hell up. Your kids don't respect you. Surprise surprise

BubbleGrunge 18

I dont know, I must be weird but I am fully against going through your children's things. My mother was far from perfect but that's one barrier she never crossed. You're going to find something you don't like if you go snooping. That said, if she was dumb enough to leave her paraphnella out where you could find it, then she is the idiot! Furthermore, whose the adult here? You need to set rules and enforce them OP! Teenagers are going to walk all over you if you don't!

Sorry about that i meant to give your comment a thumbs up, but I'm using the mobile version of this site and my thumb slipped; now I can't change it :(

BubbleGrunge 18

Naw no worries that happens to me all the time! :)

Your home, your rules. You have every right to "invade her privacy" especially when you suspect illicit activity. The fact that you let your child talk circles around you earns you a YDI vote. Next time focus on the subject at hand.

Frankly, I can see both perspectives. However, you are the parent. As the parent, you have both legal and moral obligations. If she outsmarted YOU, bring a 3rd party into the discussion to offer a mediation and perhaps help maintain the focus on the matter at hand.

Respect and trust are earned not given and from the conents of this FML, OP's daughter hasn't earned either one. In my opinion ofcourse.